Edward Thomas "Tom" Hardy , CBE (born September 15, 1977 in Hammersmith , London ) is a British film and theater actor .
Hardy is the son of London comedy writer Chips Hardy and an Irish mother. He graduated from the Drama Center London and began his acting career in war films , for example in 2001 in the miniseries Band of Brothers and in the same year in the war film Black Hawk Down by Ridley Scott . He had his international breakthrough in 2002 with Star Trek: Nemesis as the film villain Shinzon . He was nominated for a Saturn Award for the role .
In 2003 he also worked as a stage actor and appeared in two plays at the Royal Court Theater and the Hampstead Theater . For this he received two nominations for best newcomer for the London Evening Standard Theater Award and in 2004 for the Laurence Olivier Award . Two years later he starred in the BBC series The Virgin Queen as Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester , Queen Elizabeth I's childhood sweetheart. In 2006 he also played one of the bigger roles in a new adaptation of the science fiction series A for Andromeda .
In 2008, Hardy starred in the gangster film Rock N Rolla alongside actors such as Gerard Butler , Tom Wilkinson and Mark Strong . A year later he starred in the docudrama Bronson , based on the life of the dangerous prisoner Charles Bronson . In the same year he took on the lead role of a drug addicted crook in the miniseries The Take by Martina Cole and was nominated for the Crime Thriller Award .
In 2010 he played for the first time at the American Theater in Chicago in The Long Red Road , which was directed by Philip Seymour Hoffman . In the same year he was seen in the role of Eames in Christopher Nolan's blockbuster Inception . In 2011, he starred alongside Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte in the athletic drama Warrior . Nolan hired him again, this time for his new Batman film The Dark Knight Rises (2012), in which Hardy played the role of villain Bane . In 2015, Tom Hardy played the role of trapper John Fitzgerald in the survival drama The Revenant and was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actor . He also appeared in 2015 for the Australian action film Mad Max: Fury Road in front of the camera, where he starred in Max Rockatansky .
Hardy was married to Sarah Ward from 1999 to 2004. In 2010, he became engaged to British actress Charlotte Riley . The couple married in July 2014 and had their first child together in October 2015. Their second child followed in 2019. He also has a son from a previous relationship with actress Rachael Speed.
- 2001: Band of Brothers - We Were Like Brothers ( Band of Brothers , miniseries)
- 2001: Black Hawk Down
- 2002: Deserter / Simon - An English Legionnaire
- 2002: Star Trek: Nemesis
- 2002: The Reckoning
- 2003: LD 50 Lethal Dose - Lethal Dose (LD 50 Lethal Dose)
- 2003: A Dangerous Kiss (Dot the I)
- 2004: Layer Cake (L4yer Cake)
- 2005: Colditz - Escape to Freedom (Colditz)
- 2005: Gideon's Daughter
- 2005: Minotaur
- 2005: Elizabeth I - The Virgin Queen ( The Virgin Queen , miniseries)
- 2006: Marie Antoinette
- 2007: Oliver Twist (miniseries)
- 2007: The Flood - When the Sea Devours the Cities (Flood)
- 2007: WΔZ - What torments do you endure? (WΔZ)
- 2007: Stuart - A Life Backwards (BBC)
- 2008: Bronson
- 2008: Rock N Rolla (RocknRolla)
- 2009: The Code (Thick as Thieves)
- 2009: Wuthering Heights (Miniseries)
- 2009: The Take - Two Decades in the Mafia ( The Take , miniseries)
- 2010: Inception
- 2011: Warrior
- 2011: Queen, King, As, Spy (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy)
- 2012: This Means War (This Means War)
- 2012: Lawless - The outlaws (Lawless)
- 2012: The Dark Knight Rises
- 2013: No Turning Back (Locke)
- 2014: The Drop - Cash (The Drop)
- since 2014: Peaky Blinders - Gangs of Birmingham ( Peaky Blinders , TV series)
- 2015: Kind 44 (Child 44)
- 2015: Mad Max: Fury Road
- 2015: Legend
- 2015: The Revenant - The returnees (The Revenant)
- since 2017: Taboo (TV series)
- 2017: Dunkirk
- 2017: Star Wars: The Last Jedi ( Star Wars: The Last Jedi , Cameo)
- 2018: Venom
- 2020: Capone
Hardy has been dubbed by many different voice actors in previous years . The standard voice since 2011 is Torben Liebrecht or, alternatively, Tobias Kluckert .
- 2003: Saturn Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for Star Trek: Nemesis
- 2009: British Independent Film Award for Bronson (Best Actor)
- 2011: Rising Star Award at the British Academy Film Awards
- 2015: British Independent Film Award for Best Actor for Legend
- 2016: Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor for The Revenant
- Tom Hardy in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Tom Hardy at AllMovie (English)
- Tom Hardy in the German dubbing file
- ↑ Katy Forrester: Tom Hardy 'secretly married' fiancée Charlotte in France TWO months ago - they kept that quiet. In: Mirror. September 21, 2014, accessed August 12, 2020 .
- ^ Sabrina Barr: Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley 'name newborn son after Forrest Gump'. In: Independent. January 12, 2019, accessed on August 12, 2020 .
- ↑ Winners (2015) In: bifa.film. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hardy, Edward Thomas (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British film and stage actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||15th September 1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hammersmith , London|