Bernd Baumann (born January 31, 1958 in Wanne-Eickel ) is a German politician ( AfD ). He has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2017 and the first parliamentary director of the AfD parliamentary group .
Life and work
After High School in Bochum Baumann made the military service from, then he graduated in economics at the University of Bochum , which he described as economics graduate ended. After working as an assistant at the Institute for Economic Policy , Baumann received his doctorate in 1991 from the University of Bochum with the thesis “ Open Society , Market Process and State Tasks. Possibilities and limits of economic theories for explaining the operation of open social systems and to legitimize state action in open societies. "To Dr. oec.
In 1989 Baumann began his professional career as an assistant to Hubert Burda , then worked for magazine publishers in Munich and Hamburg and finally set up as a freelance consultant for investor relations .
Bernd Baumann is non-denominational and married.
Baumann joined the newly founded AfD Hamburg in 2013 and was elected chairman of the AfD district association Altona . For the 2014 European elections , Baumann was the campaign leader for the AfD. From October 3, 2015 to November 25, 2017 he was state chairman ("state spokesman") of the AfD Hamburg, since then he has been one of the deputy chairmen.
Bernd Baumann belongs to the "Goslarer Runde", according to the news magazine Focus, a "network of ultra-right male AfD functionaries that serves to make informal personnel agreements and decisions about direction". According to Focus, this network should have decided in August 2017 to campaign for an AfD party chairmanship of the Thuringian AfD state chairman Björn Höcke .
Baumann was a member of the Hamburg-Altona district assembly from 2014 to 2015 . In the 2015 mayor election , he was elected to the Hamburg parliament, where he was the AfD parliamentary group leader with equal rights alongside Jörn Kruse from September 28, 2016 to September 2017 . He resigned this mandate on October 24, 2017, as he was elected as Hamburg's top candidate via the state list in the 19th German Bundestag in the 2017 federal election. The AfD parliamentary group elected Baumann as First Parliamentary Managing Director when it was constituted .
AfD criticism of the occupation of the office of senior president in the Bundestag
At the constituent session of the 19th German Bundestag on October 24, 2017, Bernd Baumann was the first AfD member to speak on the agenda item " Rules of Procedure of the German Bundestag ". While the opening of a newly elected Bundestag previously went to the oldest member of the Bundestag as president , it was agreed in the run-up to the 2017 Bundestag election as part of an amendment of the rules of procedure that this office would be transferred to the most senior member in the future. The constituent meeting was therefore not opened by the oldest member of the parliament, the AfD politician Wilhelm von Gottberg , but - due to the waiver of the longest serving member Wolfgang Schäuble ( CDU / CSU ) - by the next longest serving member Hermann Otto Solms ( FDP ).
Baumann asserted in his speech: “In 150 years of parliamentary history, the rule of the senior president has remained unchanged. Untouched? There was one exception: in 1933 Hermann Göring broke the rule because he wanted to marginalize political opponents, at that time Clara Zetkin ”. This claim contradicts historical facts . In fact, Göring opened the constituent session after the Reichstag elections of March 5, 1933 , after the article in the rules of procedure about the opening had been suspended by the senior president in favor of the incumbent Reichstag president - Göring himself. Clara Zetkin was not formally a member of the 8th German Reichstag, since her mandate - like that of all KPD members - had been canceled a few days earlier. In addition, the oldest elected MP at the time was Göring's NSDAP parliamentary group colleague Karl Litzmann , who, however, was excusedly absent from the constituent meeting. Baumann's inaccurate assertion as well as his attempt to equate the AfD with the victims of the National Socialist Goering caused outrage and criticism among the other members of the parliament.
A few days after the meeting of the Bundestag was of attempted manipulation of Wikipedia reported -Biographie Baumann by unknown sources from the German Bundestag out. Among other things, the passage in the article that Baumann's Göring comparison "did not correspond to the facts" was removed for a short time until the manipulation by other authors was discovered.
Debate about Syrian refugees
In the third plenary session of the 19th Bundestag on November 22, 2017, Baumann justified a motion by the AfD parliamentary group to return Syrian refugees : "The security situation in large parts of Syria has improved substantially in recent months." With reference to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) would have returned to their homeland “in the first seven months of 2017 alone, a total of over 600,000 Syrians”, and the German government should conclude an agreement with the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad so that refugees would be “safe and free of charge” from now on “ Could move to the civil war country . The IOM had published a report under such a heading, but instead of a better security situation it described the opposite: According to the IOM, 93 percent of these 600,000 people had not even left Syria; they had fled within the country. In the same period, more than 800,000 Syrians were also displaced. Ten percent of the returnees would have had to flee a second time. The completed report, a return is "not necessarily voluntary, safe or sustainable" ( English : "not Necessarily voluntary, safe or sustainable"). According to the latest IOM figures, almost 1.5 million people had to flee within Syria between January and October. The members of the other parliamentary groups reacted by shaking their heads , accusing the AfD of “ cynicism ” and “ sleight of hand ”. The Süddeutsche received Baumann's appearance under the title “ Alternative facts for Germany”, the BR perceived a changed culture of debate , and the MDR also reported a new culture of debate , which would include “loud and shrill tones and provocations ”.
Expenses for refugees
In the Maischberger talk show in March 2018, Baumann complained about increasing imbalances in social policy . For years, in the course of the Hartz reforms, strict austerity measures were taken. In order to cope with the refugee crisis , Baumann claimed that the state would allow itself to do this “100 billion a year”, “federal government, states, communities in total”. The Federal Ministry of Finance submitted after negotiations with the countries in May 2016 lineup, incurred after the result of the refugee crisis up to and including 2020 cumulative expenditure of 93.6 billion euros. This included expenses for accommodation and integration such as B. social benefits, rent subsidies and language courses, but also for combating the causes of flight in crisis regions. At that time, the federal states expected the costs incurred in 2016 of 21 billion euros, which would increase to around 30 billion euros annually by 2020. In total, the federal government spent 21.7 billion euros in 2016 to deal with the refugee crisis, which included 9.3 billion euros to relieve the burden on federal states and municipalities. Overall, the federal government had a budget surplus of 6.2 billion euros in 2016 and was thus able to forego new debt for the third year in a row (“ black zero ”). For 2017, 21.3 billion euros were budgeted for dealing with the refugee crisis.
Baumann also claimed, as a former member of the Hamburg Parliament, that Hamburg had already spent one billion euros on refugee accommodation in 2016 with a total budget of 12 billion euros. According to the Hamburg Authority for Labor, Social Affairs, Family and Integration , expenses of 375 million euros fell in 2016 for accommodation in initial reception facilities including meals, care offers for small children and lessons for school-age children there and the like. as well as 140 million euros for “follow-up accommodation”, in which the refugees feed themselves. In 2017, the costs of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg fell to 231 million euros for initial admissions and to 184 million euros for subsequent accommodations.
- : kress.de . In: kress . ( kress.de [accessed on October 13, 2017]).
- Focus 41/2017: Björn Höcke wants to become AfD chairman - AfD network “Goslaer Runde” presents personnel table
- "Dr. Kurt Duwe is the new Vice President of the Hamburg Citizenship ” at www.hamburgische-buergerschaft.de, accessed on November 9, 2017.
- AfD parliamentary group elects Bernd Baumann as parliamentary manager . In: Deutschlandfunk . ( deutschlandfunk.de [accessed on October 3, 2017]).
- Is the "Lex AfD" really in Nazi tradition? In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . October 24, 2017
- Steno protocol of the constituent meeting of the 8th German Reichstag on March 21, 1933
- Steven Geyer: AfD entry manipulated - from the Bundestag . In: Frankfurter Rundschau . October 27, 2017
- TOP 14: “Promotion of the return of Syrian refugees” In: German Bundestag (plenary protocol 19/3, p. 180). 22nd November 2017.
- Birgit Schmeitzner: AfD changes the culture of debate . In: Bayerischer Rundfunk . 22nd November 2017.
- Six Point Plan - Agreement to Promote the Return of Syrian Refugees . In: German Bundestag (printed matter 19/48). November 13, 2017.
- Over 600,000 Displaced Syrians Returned Home in First 7 Months of 2017 . In: IOM . 11th August 2017.
- Jörg Köpke, RND : Union plans repatriations for Syrian refugees . In: Göttinger Tageblatt . November 28, 2017.
- Michael Bauchmüller, Kristiana Ludwig: Alternative facts for Germany . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . November 26, 2017.
- Cecilia Reible: Staged demarcation right outside . ( Memento from December 1, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) In: MDR . November 24, 2017.
- Maximilian Kettenbach: Juso boss Kühnert bursts the collar at Maischberger: “You are the very last” . In: Münchner Merkur . March 16, 2018.
- Bernd Baumann: How much does the refugee crisis cost? Excerpt from the Maischberger program on March 14, 2018.
- Tim Berressem, Helen Schulte, Hannah Walter Berger: Facts check to "Merkel, the Fourth: Grand Coalition for the little people?" ( Memento of 17 March 2018 Web archive archive.today ) In: ARD.de .
- billions for refugees . In: Der Spiegel , 20/2016.
- federal government wants to provide 93 billion euros for refugees . In: ZEIT ONLINE . May 14, 2016.
- refugee crisis costs Germany 22 billion euros annually . In: The world . January 27, 2017.
- refugee crisis cost almost 22 billion euros . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . January 27, 2017.
- Expenditures for the accommodation and integration of refugees in 2017 . In: Authority for Labor, Social Affairs, Family and Integration , accessed on March 17, 2018.
- Costs for refugees have fallen in Hamburg . In: Hamburger Abendblatt . 15th March 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German right-wing populist politician (AfD), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 31, 1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wanne-Eickel|