Bones of man
The skeleton of the people there (apart from congenital variations such as cervical ribs and mergers) according to sources from 206 to 212 regular bone that up to half a meter can be large of a few millimeters, and all have a function. The weight of the bone mass is ten to 15 percent of a person of normal weight . Together they form the skeleton. Depending on their shape, human bones are divided into the following groups:
- Ossa longa or tubular bones such as the arm and leg bones
- Ossa plana or flat bones such as the sternum and ribs
- Ossa brevia short, compact bones such as the carpal and metatarsal bones
- Ossa pneumatica or air-containing bones such as the upper jaw
- Ossa sesamoidea or sesamoid bones such as the kneecap
Infants have over 300 bones, some of which will grow together over time.
- Brain skull ( neurocranium )
- Facial skull ( viscerocranium )
Spine ( Columna vertebralis ) consists of 33 vertebrae :
- Seven cervical vertebrae ( Vertebrae cervicales ), named separately
- Twelve thoracic vertebrae ( Vertebrae thoracicae )
- Five lumbar vertebrae ( vertebrae lumbales )
- Sacrum ( sacrum , five deformed vertebrae)
- Tailbone ( Os coccygis , four to five vertebral rudiments)
- The shoulder girdle ( cingulum membri superioris ) is made up of two bones:
Arm (membrum superius)
Hand ( manus )
- The hand is made up of 27 bones.
- The wrist ( carpus ) consists of eight bones ( Ossa carpi ; Mnemonic: A barge that travels in the moons shining in the triangle around the pea leg . Polygon size , polygon small - on the head , there must a hook to be.)
- The metacarpal has five metacarpal bones ( ossa metacarpi , numbered I – V).
- Two sesamoid bones ( ossa sesamoidea ) in the metacarpal-finger joint (metacarpophalangeal joint) of the thumb
- The fingers each consist of three bones, the phalanges (phalanx proximalis, phalanx media, phalanx distalis , numbered I – V), the thumbs (I) consist of only two ( phalanx proximalis and phalanx distalis )
Hip ( coxa )
- The hip bone ( Os coxae ), grown together from three bones on each side:
- Thigh bone ( os femoris )
- Kneecap ( patella )
- Lower leg bones ( ossa cruris )
- Tarsal bone (ossa tarsi)
- Key point: the talus and the calcaneus , who wanted the barge in, and made war three times wedges from the cuboid bone .
- Five metatarsal bones ( ossa metatarsi , numbered I – V)
- Two sesamoid bones ( Ossa sesamoidea ) in the metatarsophalangeal joint of the big toe
- The toes each consist of three bones ( phalanx proximalis, media, et distalis , numbered I – V), the big toes (I) only consist of two bones.
In addition, there are a number of bones and varieties that occur only in a small portion of the population, the accessory bones . These include:
- Additional ribs
- Accessory foot bones, e.g. B.