Regensburg power plant
|Regensburg power plant|
|Kilometers of water||km 2381.3|
|operator||Uniper Kraftwerke GmbH|
|Start of operation||1977 (extension 1990)|
|Bottleneck performance||9.5 megawatts|
height of fall
|Expansion flow||320 m³ / s|
|Standard work capacity||66 million kWh / year|
Run-of-river power plant
The run-of-river power plant, which went into operation in 1977, has an electrical output of 7.2 MW and an average annual production of 49 million kWh. Two Kaplan turbines with an impeller diameter of 4.7 meters drive two generators with a nominal output of 3.6 megawatts each . The expansion flow is 240 m³ / h. The power house is located on the left bank of the southern arm of the Danube.
The engine with a Kaplan bulb turbine , which was commissioned in 1990, has an electrical output of 2.25 MW and an average annual production of 14 million kWh. Its underwater is the northern arm of the Danube.
The barrage of the Regensburg hydropower plant is located in the west of Regensburg , directly on the bridge of the A93 over the Danube and consists of the weir system of the southern arm of the Danube and the weir of the northern arm. At the barrage, the main flow of the Danube is divided into the northern arm and the southern arm of the Danube. The level of the headwater with normal water level is 332.5 meters above sea level , the length of the water level is approx. 21 km.
At the level of the barrage, the sluice canal of the Regensburg Europakanal branches off from the dammed Danube river to the northeast , which bypasses the Stadtamhof district to the north, before reaching the level of the river Regen flowing in from the north through the Regensburg sluice and further east with the north arm of the Danube unites.
In the southern part of the barrage there is a sport boat lock and a boat lane , as the European Canal is closed to these vehicles. A service bridge, which is open to cyclists and pedestrians, runs across the entire dam.
The generator house is located between the two weirs near the western tip of the Danube island Oberer Wöhrd .
- data and facts. Technical parameters. Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration , archived from the original on November 29, 2014 ; Retrieved October 8, 2013 .
- power plants. (No longer available online.) Rhein-Main-Donau AG , archived from the original on October 12, 2013 ; Retrieved December 8, 2013 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Information board at the power plant
- Seifert, K., BNGF Bureau for Nature Conservation, Water and Fisheries: Master Plan Patency, Subproject 1 Patency of the Bavarian Danube. (PDF; 1.7 MB) Bavarian State Office for the Environment, 2008, accessed on October 8, 2013 .
- Danube power plant Regensburg after a thorough turbine revision and with a new protective screen ready for regenerative power generation. Press release. Rhein-Main-Donau AG, July 10, 2014, accessed on January 16, 2015 .