From 1994 to 1995 he was Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister of Finance , from 1995 to 1998 Bavarian State Minister and Head of the State Chancellery and from 1998 to 2007 Bavarian State Minister of Finance .
Life and work
After graduating from the Wittelsbacher Gymnasium in Munich in 1961, Faltlhauser studied economics and political science at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich and the Free University of Berlin , which he completed in 1967 with a degree in economics. During his studies he became a member of the KDSt.V. Vindelicia Munich in the CV and honorary member of the KBSt.V. Rhaetia Munich . As a member of the RCDS, he was also involved in student policy and was chairman of the AStA at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich in 1965/66. In 1971 he received his doctorate as Dr. rer. pole. with Manfred Hättich at the University of Mainz . Afterwards he was managing partner of the company for internal cooperation - GIZ until 1974 .
Faltlhauser has been a lecturer since 1987 and honorary professor at the Economics Faculty of the University of Munich since 1994 .
Kurt Faltlhauser is married and has two children.
In 1964 Faltlhauser joined the CSU, where he became local chairman in Obermenzing in 1972 , then district chairman in the west of Munich , member of the district executive and, between 1990 and 1994, as state treasurer, member of the CSU executive committee.
From 1980 until his resignation on November 20, 1995, Faltlhauser was a member of the German Bundestag . From 1990 to 1993 he was chairman of the parliamentary group on finance and from 1993 to 1994 deputy chairman of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group . Kurt Faltlhauser has always entered the Bundestag as a directly elected member of the Munich-West constituency .
On 17 November 1994. Faltlhauser was used as Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Finance in by Chancellor Helmut Kohl led government appointed. On November 15, 1995, he left the federal government.
Subsequently, until 1998 he was Bavarian State Minister and head of the State Chancellery in the Bavarian State Government headed by Prime Minister Edmund Stoiber . After the state elections in 1998 he was appointed Bavarian State Minister of Finance on September 28, 1998 . After the resignation of Edmund Stoiber on October 16, 2007, the new Prime Minister Günther Beckstein no longer belonged to Faltlhauser after he had previously made his office available on October 11, 2007.
Faltlhauser, head or vice-chairman of BayernLB's board of directors for nine years, said in the state parliament's committee of inquiry: “A small provincial finance minister cannot be smarter than any expert.” Faltlhauser therefore had no objections when BayernLB put more and more money into US papers : "All auditors and supervisory authorities gave the papers top ratings."
His successor in office as finance minister, CSU boss Erwin Huber, is also a "victim, not a perpetrator" for Faltlhauser.
At the beginning of 2011, BayernLB's Board of Management came to the conclusion that the former Sparkasse President Siegfried Naser and Kurt Faltlhauser, as head and vice-chairman of the State Bank's board of directors, had " grossly negligently " neglected their supervisory duties when buying Hypo Alpe Adria in 2007 and should therefore pay compensation. The bank then filed a lawsuit in January 2012 for damages amounting to 200 million euros. The sum is said to be the highest claim for damages that has ever been made against a high-ranking politician in Germany.
- Co-Ownership - The Pieroth Model in Practice. ECON-Verlag, Düsseldorf and Vienna 1971, ISBN 3-430-12608-8 .
- Money and communities. Südwest Information, Munich 1972.
- with Klaus Esser : participation models. Verlag Moderne Industrie, Munich 1974, ISBN 3-478-11070-X .
- Business and society, theory and practice of the social balance sheet. Erich Schmidt Verlag, Berlin 1978, ISBN 3-503-01723-2 .
- with Edmund Stoiber: Politics from Bavaria. Busse and Seewald, Herford 1982, ISBN 3-512-00447-4 .
- Tax strategy. Kölner Universitätsverlag, Cologne 1988.
- In the west of Munich. From the Wies'n to Aubing. Bayerland VA, Dachau 1989, ISBN 3-89251-062-8 .
- with Klaus Rose : The Housekeepers - Can the Future Be Financed? Kölner Universitätsverlag, Cologne 1990, ISBN 3-87427-043-2 .
- Views from the west of Munich. Bayerland VA, Dachau 1993, ISBN 3-89251-171-3 .
- Future financial policy - the principle of sustainability. Olzog, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-7892-8092-5 .
- Building for art . A workshop report from the Stoiber era. Pustet-Verlag, Regensburg 2013, ISBN 978-3-7917-2547-5 .
- Stefan Hemler: From Kurt Faltlhauser to Rolf Pohle. The development of student unrest at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich in the second half of the sixties. In: Venanz Schubert (Ed.): 1968. 30 years later. (= Science and philosophy. 17). EOS-Verlag, St.Ottlien 1999, ISBN 3-88096-090-9 , pp. 209-242.
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Kurt Faltlhauser in the parliamentary database at the House of Bavarian History
- Kurt Falthauser's website
- Kurt Faltlhauser in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely available)
- BayernLB: Bank wants compensation. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . March 2, 2011, accessed March 2, 2011 .
- Bayerische Landesbank: Bank wants compensation from Faltlhauser ( Memento from February 10, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CSU), MdL, MdB, Bavarian Minister of State|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 13, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|