|Metropolitan city||Naples (NA)|
|Residents||7,042 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density||1,102 inhabitants / km²|
|Patron saint||Sant'Antonio da Padova|
Anacapri is a 275 m above sea level. NN height located Italian municipality on the island of Capri in the Bay of Naples with 7042 inhabitants (as of December 31, 2019). It is one of the two localities on the island. The place in the lower part of the island is called Capri . The municipality has an area of 6.39 km² and politically belongs to the metropolitan city of Naples in the Campania region .
The place is the birth and death place of the painter Giovanni Tessitore . The French composer Claude Debussy named one of his preludes after the place: Les collines d'Anacapri (The hills of Anacapri). The Swedish doctor and author Axel Munthe built the Villa San Michele , which is now a museum, into these hills . Not far from there is the Villa Lina of the painter Otto Sohn-Rethel , mentor of the Capres painters Raffaele Castello and Rosina Viva , where a clique of intellectuals met before the Second World War .
Majolica floor of the Chiesa di San Michele
Garden of the Villa San Michele
The Blue Grotto in the northwest
The Faro di Punta Carena in the southwest
View from Anacapri to Capri
- Axel Munthe , Swedish doctor and author
- Otto Sohn-Rethel , German painter
- Rosina Viva , Italian painter
- Fridolin von Spaun , German political activist, former member of the Freikorps, founder of the archives and family researcher
- Giovanni Tessitore , Italian painter
- Statistiche demografiche ISTAT. Monthly population statistics of the Istituto Nazionale di Statistica , as of December 31 of 2019.
- Ad Anacapri, Otto Sohn Rethel accoglieva a Villa Lina solo artisti provenienti dall'estero, soprattutto tedeschi, perché portavano le novità delle avanguardie europee. , on lisolaweb.com