|Metropolitan city||Naples (NA)|
|Local name||Pomigliano d'Arco|
|Residents||40,318 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density||3,665 inhabitants / km²|
|Patron saint||San Felice|
Pomigliano d'Arco is a town with 40,318 inhabitants (as of December 31, 2019) in Italy in the metropolitan city of Naples and in the Campania region . The city is located northeast of Naples not far from Vesuvius .
The city is the location for several plants in the automotive and aircraft industries.
The Fiat group maintains its Elasis research center in Pomigliano d'Arco, and the factory , originally built by Alfa Romeo in 1972, is also located on the outskirts of the city and initially produced the Alfasud and later the Alfa GT , 147 and 159 . The Fiat Panda is currently being produced there. There are also factories of the aerospace companies Leonardo and Avio Aero on site .
sons and daughters of the town
- Giovanni Leone (1908–2001), President of the Republic of Italy from 1971 to 1978
- Vincenzo Montella (born 1974), football player
- Felice Piccolo (born 1983), football player
- Felice Pirozzi (1908–1975), Archbishop and Diplomat of the Holy See
- Salvatore Piscicelli (* 1948), film critic and director, as well as screenwriter
- Ludovico Romano (1853–1933), city architect in Naples
Pomigliano d'Arco has partnerships with the following cities:
- Commune de Pomigliano d'Arco Official website of the city of Pomigliano d'Arco (ital.)