The district authority Pöggstall existed from 1899 to 1938. Your district was formed from parts of the districts Amstetten (former judicial district Persenbeug ), Krems (former judicial district Pöggstall) and Zwettl (former judicial district Ottenschlag ). As early as 1934, for financial reasons, the state government made efforts to abolish the district administration, but the federal government did not support them. In 1938 the district administration was dissolved and divided between the districts of Melk (former judicial districts Persenbeug and Pöggstall) and Zwettl (former judicial district Ottenschlag). Until 2011, apart from Gröbming , this was the only dismissal of a district administration that was not related to changes in territory in the Vienna area.
At first there was still a field service in Pöggstall, the area of which was reduced in 1939 to include the area of the Ottenschlag judicial district and which was completely dissolved in 1940. In 1945 the district was no longer established. In 1950, a political branch of the Melk district administration was set up in Pöggstall . Their official area, however, only covered part of the former district (GB Ottenschlag remained with Zwettl, the communities on the Danube were not added to the branch of the branch). After the construction of the Melker Danube Bridge in 1971, the branch was closed. To this day, there is a branch of the district administration in Melk in Pöggstall, where mainly standard business cases are dealt with (e.g. issuing travel documents). Such offices exist in several districts, so that a special position due to the earlier district can no longer be spoken of.
The former district included the following municipalities today:
- Albrechtsberg on the Great Krems
- Artstetten-Pöbring *
- Bad Traunstein
- Bear head
- Dorfstetten *
- Großreinprechts as part of the municipality of Lichtenau in the Waldviertel
- Court Office Priel
- Marbach on the Danube
- Maria Taferl
- Münichreith-Laimbach *
- Pöggstall *
- Raxendorf *
- Saint Oswald *
- Widths *
- Yspertal *
The communities marked with * belonged to the Political Expositur from 1951 to 1971, only parts of Artstetten-Pöbring (former communities until their merger with the above-mentioned community).
- RGBl No. 153/1899
- VoBl Niederdonau No. 37/1938
- reason was apparently the prevention of a communist designated by the occupying power as district captain, whether the district existed again at most for a few weeks could not be clarified. Cf. Eminger / Langthaler (ed.): Lower Austria in the 20th Century , Volume 1, Politics, Vienna 2008, pp. 546f. (Book is available in full text in Google Books)
- a historical list of the community names can be found in RGBl No. 249/1853 at the districts Ottenschlag, Persenbeug and Pöggstall