Listed objects in Austria
Listed objects in Austria are primarily recorded in the Austrian Register of Monuments (also: Austrian List of Monuments) .
The Austrian Register of Monuments is the list of monuments drawn up by the Federal Monuments Office . Since monument protection is a federal responsibility in Austria , the list for all cultural property that falls under the Austrian Monument Protection Act is kept centrally. In addition to immovable monuments (buildings, archaeological objects, gardens), it also includes movable cultural assets (art treasures, collections, archives, etc.).
In addition, some countries also operate their own directory, such as the Tyrolean Art Register, the Digital Upper Austria Cultural Atlas (DOKA)
or Vienna Cultural Property . Some of these are more comprehensive, but are gradually compared with the Austrian Register of Monuments.
In addition to the Monument Protection Act itself, there are numerous other designations of cultural property, for example from international agreements such as the Hague Convention , the recognized UNESCO World Heritage in Austria , European obligations such as the ordinance on the export of cultural property , related federal legal matters, but also national or municipal law Legal sources, such as the Salzburg Old Town Conservation Act . These fall under the preservation of monuments and cultural property as well as the protection of the site and / or the landscape , or the museum legislation . Due to the internationalization of the protection of cultural property - and the associated expansion of concepts to terms such as cultural property or cultural monument due to the influence of non-European cultural traditions - the boundaries between these specialist areas are no longer strictly drawn today.
List of immovable monuments under monument protection (architectural and archaeological monuments)
So far, the list of immovable monuments under monument protection has been recorded and published completely electronically. It contains all architectural monuments in the narrower sense, and the class of archaeological monuments , that includes not only building remains but also sites and areas of hope . The Federal Monuments Office is obliged to prepare and regularly update the list of immovable monuments for the former in accordance with Section 3 (4) of the Monument Protection Act. The two groups are published together.
Directory of parks and gardens (in the Monument Protection Act)
Appendix 2 of the Monument Protection Act contains a list of 56 gardens and parks that are explicitly listed and are directly looked after by the Federal Monuments Office.
- Manfred F. Hocke: Monument protection in Austria . Volume 23 of the series of publications by the Institute for Applied Social and Economic Research Vienna , Jupiter-Verlag, 1975.
- Raimund Karl: Archaeological Monument Protection in Austria: Practice - Problems - Suggested Solutions - Art and Cultural Law. Verlag Sramek, 2011, ISBN 978-3-902638-49-6 .
Series and Periodicals:
- Dehio-Handbuch - Die Kunstdenkmäler Austria , several volumes, 1933/1953 ff.
- Austrian art topography , numerous volumes, Federal Monuments Office, Berger publishing house.
- Austrian magazine for art and monument preservation , Federal Monuments Office, Berger publishing house.
- Find reports from Austria (FÖ)
- List of monuments , Federal Monuments Office, bda.gv.at
- Monument protection , Federal Ministry for Art, Culture, Public Service and Sport, bmkoes.gv.at
- Art register: online , Land Tirol; Art cadastre - networking of regional cultural property data , stadtarchaeologie.at
- Digital Upper Austrian Culture Atlas (DOKA) - DORIS - interMAP , doris.ooe.gv.at
- Wien Kulturgut - the digital cultural city map of the City of Vienna , wien.gv.at
- Laws, guidelines and international agreements , bda.at
- cf. Culture »Legal Basics , bmukk.gv.at
- Austrian Art Topography bda.at/publikationen,
- Austrian Journal for Art and Monument Preservation ( Memento des Originals from September 20, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , bda.at/publikationen
- Link , numerous volumes and accompanying volumes, Federal Monuments Office, Berger publishing house
- Fund Reports from Austria (FÖ) bda.at/publikationen,