The Left Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
|The Left Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania|
|executive Director||Sandro Smolka|
|Establishment date||23–24 June 2007|
|Place of foundation||Rostock|
|Headquarters||Martinstrasse 1 / 1A
|Number of members||3,853 (as of December 31, 2016)|
Die Linke Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania is a regional association of the Die Linke party . According to its own information, it represented almost 4,000 members on December 31, 2016.
Die Linke Mecklenburg-Vorpommern was founded at the party conference on 23–24. June 2007 in Rostock. It was created through the merger of the Linkspartei.PDS and the WASG at the federal level. Peter Ritter was elected as the first state chairman of the new party . He was succeeded on October 24th, 2009 by Steffen Bockhahn . He led the state association until November 17, 2012 - since then, Heidrun Bluhm has been the first woman to head the state party. In the state elections in 2016, the party achieved the lowest election result since reunification with 13.2%.
The left is represented in all rural districts and independent cities with political groups at the local level.
The highest organ is the state party congress. It meets at least once a year and takes fundamental decisions for the work of the party. The state executive directs between the sessions of the party congress. It consists of 18 women and men who usually meet once a month. The chairperson, her three deputies, the state treasurer and the state manager form the executive committee, which prepares the meetings of the state executive committee and is responsible for current questions between the meetings. In addition to the state board, the state committee acts as a control and initiative body. The state party is divided into district associations. There are also various working groups.
The regional association is divided into eight district associations. They organize the party work on site. In some regions the members have come together in regional, local and city associations.
- Rostock district association: Chair: Eva-Maria Kröger and Carsten Penzlin
- Schwerin District Association: Chairman: Peter Brill
- Mecklenburg Lake District Association: Chair: Elke Schoenfelder
- District Association Peene-Uecker-Ryck: Chair: Mignon Schwenke
- District Association of Western Pomerania-Rügen: Chair: Kerstin Kassner
- Kreisverband Landkreis Rostock: Chairman: Peter Hörnig
- District Association of Northwest Mecklenburg: Chairman: Horst Krumpen
- District Association Ludwigslust-Parchim: Chairman: Marko Schmidt
Regional group in the German Bundestag
Parliamentary group in the 7th electoral term from 2016
There are currently 11 MPs for Die Linke in the state parliament of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. The parliamentary group is led by its chairman Simone Oldenburg . In addition to the parliamentary group, there has also been a young parliamentary group since 2006, in which young party members and sympathizers have come together.
|Jacqueline Bernhardt||Country list||deputy group chairman|
|Henning Foerster||-||moved up for Helmut Holter|
|Karsten Kolbe||Country list|
|Torsten Koplin||Country list|
|Eva-Maria Kroeger||Country list|
|Karen Larisch||Country list|
|Simone Oldenburg||Country list||Group leaders|
|Peter Ritter||Country list||Parliamentary executive director|
|Jeannine Rösler||Country list|
|Mignon swivel||Country list||Deputy President of the State Parliament|
|Wolfgang White||Country list|
|Results of the state elections|
1) Until 2006 as PDS
- Official website of the regional association
- DIE LINKE parliamentary group in the Schwerin state parliament
- Oskar Niedermayer : Party members according to federal states. Federal Agency for Civic Education , July 8, 2017, accessed on August 25, 2017 .
- associations , accessed on August 16, 2016
- parliamentary group Die Linke in the Bundestag, Retrieved on June 13, 2019