Citizens for Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
|Citizens for Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania (BMV)|
|Party leader||Michael Bertram|
|vice-chairman||Lars Wilhelm, Bernhard Wildt|
|founding||20th January 2018|
|Place of foundation||Hanshagen|
|resolution||December 9, 2018|
|Seats in state parliaments|
|Number of members||32|
Citizens for Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania (BMV) was a short-lived political party in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania to which four members of the state parliament belonged. It was a spin-off from AfD Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania . The party was absorbed by the Free Voters ; In September 2019, however, the four MPs resigned from the free voters.
The BMV emerged from the parliamentary group of the same name in the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania state parliament , which was founded on September 25, 2017 by four MPs originally elected for the alternative for Germany . In the weeks that followed, all four MPs also left the party. On January 20, 2018, the Citizens for Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania party was founded in Hanshagen .
In November 2018, the BMV members announced that the BMV would be included in the free voters . Ralf Borschke , one of the four parliamentary group members, would not take the step. From November 2018 the parliamentary group called itself “Free Voters / BMV”. The party was disbanded on December 9, 2018. At that time, the BMV had around 32 party members, free voters and a total of 80 members.
At the end of September 2019, the MPs resigned from the party after disputes with the Free Voters state chairman, and the parliamentary group was dissolved. Manthei and Wildt joined the CDU parliamentary group, Borschke returned to the AfD, and Weißig remained non-attached.
Member of Parliament
The party was represented by four MPs in the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania state parliament. All four were elected from the AfD's list in 2016, or won a direct mandate as their candidate:
- Ralf Borschke (AfD again from October 2019)
- Matthias Manthei (from October 2019 CDU)
- Christel Weißig (non-attached from October 2019)
- Bernhard Wildt (CDU from October 2019)
- AfD dropouts found a new party In: ndr.de , January 20, 2018, accessed on March 9, 2018.
- André Klohn, Frank Pfaff: New Party "Citizens for Mecklenburg-Vorpommern" founded in: svz.de , January 20, 2018 accessed March 9, 2018th
- dpa: split in the AfD parliamentary group.
- ndr.de: BMV parliamentary group joins free voters , November 13, 2018
- svz.de: An alliance with the AfD split-offs , November 13, 2018
- André Klohn, Frank Pfaff: Politics MV: New Party "Citizens for Mecklenburg-Vorpommern" established | svz.de . In: svz . ( svz.de [accessed on March 10, 2018]).
- ROLL: Party "Citizens for Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania": New beginning for AfD dropouts | svz.de . In: svz . ( svz.de [accessed on March 10, 2018]).