Film Academy Vienna
|Film Academy Vienna|
|Head of Institute||Danny Krausz|
The Vienna Film Academy is the institute for film and television of the Vienna State University for Music and Performing Arts . It is the only university training facility in the field of film in Austria .
In 1952, Walter Kolm-Veltée established a special course for film design at the Academy for Music and Performing Arts, today's University of Music and Performing Arts. In 1960 a film class was added, led by Hans Winge . In 1963 the two courses were combined in the newly established "Film and Television Department". In the 1968/1969 academic year, the department moved to the Palais Bourgoing at Metternichgasse 12. Further courses followed, and since 1998 the Film and Television Institute has been known as the “Vienna Film Academy”.
The course is structured as a three-year bachelor's degree followed by a two-year master's degree (bakkalaureus der Künste / Bakk.art or Magister der Künste / Mag.art) and divided into the following five directions; Direction, screenplay, image technology and camera, editing and production, as well as a master's degree in digital art - compositing.
In the two-year basic course , a joint training covering all fields of study is completed. After two years of basic studies, specialization takes place in the subject for which the student was accepted at the Film Academy.
In order to study at the film academy, no Matura (or Abitur) is required. Admission to the course is determined by passing the annual entrance exam:
After submitting the specified application tasks, there are one week long selection interviews and exams every year in mid-September, in which the suitability for the desired field of study is to be determined. Around 15 to 20 students are admitted to the course each year. After passing the entrance exam, studies can begin at the beginning of October.
- Michael Haneke and Wolfgang Murnberger in direction
- Götz Spielmann and Kathrin Resetarits in book and dramaturgy
- Wolfgang Thaler and Thomas Benesch in image technology and camera
- Michael Hudecek in cut
- Franz Brandstaetter in digital art composing
- Danny Krausz in production
- Barbara Albert ,
- Umut Dağ
- Michael Glawogger
- Andreas Gruber , 1982
- Martin Gschlacht
- Jessica Hausner
- Astrid Heubrandtner , 1998
- Gerald Kerkletz , 2011
- Ulrike Kofler , 2002
- Michael Kreihsl
- Alarich Lenz , 2007
- Gabriele Mathes
- Wolfgang Rupert Muhr , 2014
- Wolfgang Murnberger
- Davis O. Nejo , 1981
- Danielle Proskar , 1995
- Kathrin Resetarits
- Christoph Rainer , director
- Erhard Riedlsperger
- Gerhard Schedl
- Reinhard Schwabenitzky
- Ulrich Seidl
- Götz Spielmann
- Michael Sturminger
- Peter-Arthur Straubinger , 1996
- Antonin Svoboda , 1997
- Hüseyin tobacco
- Stephan Wagner
- Peter Zeitlinger , 1987
- Alexander Hahn , 1996
- Patrick Vollrath , 2015
- Said Manafi
- Website of the Vienna Film Academy
- International film festival of the Vienna Film Academy
- Association of Friends of the Film Academy
- Film Academy Vienna at Crew United
- Contact. In: www.filmakademie.wien. Retrieved October 17, 2019 .
- Chronicle 1952–2017 . In: ray . Special issue 65 years of the Vienna Film Academy . June 2017, p. 6 ( filmakademie.wien [PDF; accessed on May 18, 2020]).