View from Neuleiningen Castle to the Eckbach valley and the Eckbach pond on the northern edge of the Palatinate Forest and the wind turbine on the Bitternell , the south-west summit of the Grünstadt mountain;
|location||near Grünstadt ; Bad Dürkheim district , Rhineland-Palatinate ( Germany )|
|Mountains||Alzeyer hill country|
|Age of the rock||Tertiary|
The Grünstadter Berg is Alzeyer hill country . As the local mountain of Grünstadt, it is located in the Rhineland-Palatinate district of Bad Dürkheim . Its tertiary limestones are attributed to the Mainz Basin .high mountain of the
On topographic maps, the mountain is usually marked as a community mountain. This name is also used exclusively in the debate about the construction of a wind farm on the central part of the mountain, on the border between Grünstadt and Ebertsheim . In the population and nature conservation organizations, however, the younger term is mostly used.
The Grünstadter Berg rises in the north-northeast of the Palatinate Forest Nature Park in the Leiningerland . Its summit is 900 m northwest of Neuleiningen , 2.7 km southeast of Ebertsheim and 3.2 km southwest of Grünstadt . The Eisbach flows to the north and the Eckbach to the south . The mountain is about 5 km long in a southwest-northeast direction.
The Grünstadter mountain belongs to the physiographic feature unit group Northern Upper Rhine lowland (no. 22) in the main unit Rhenish-Hessian Hills (227) and in the subunit Alzeyer hills (227.4) for the southern part of the natural environment Göllheimer hills (227.42). The subunit Eisenberger Becken (227.6) joins in the west and a little further away in the northeast as part of the subunit Pfrimmgebiet (227.5) the natural area Unteres Pfrimmhügelland (227.51). To the south the landscape falls into the natural area Leininger Sporn (170.03), which belongs to the main unit group Haardtgebirge (17) and in the main unit Palatinate Forest (170) to the subunit Lower Palatinate Forest (170.0). To the southwest it leads over into the Unterhaardt subunit (220.0), which belongs to the main Haardtrand (220) unit.
Mountain height, peaks and corridors
According to the topographic map service of the landscape information system of the Rhineland-Palatinate nature conservation administration, the Grünstadter Berg was ( ) high; its summit was removed in a quarry. The current summit ( ) is high in the Flur Bitternell . Near the former mountain peak, west of the quarry, in the corridor Auf der Platte - near the uppermost contour line of in the map service - there is a place about high ( ). They are all located in the municipality of Neuleiningen. In the map service you can also find a ( ) high point in the Grünstadt area in the Eichenwäldchen and Haselhecke corridors - in the area where the name Gemeindeberg is marked on maps .
The mountain has, among other things, this land area names (in alphabetical order) to: On the plate , Am Sonnenberg , Bitternell , in an oak grove (with the oak grove ), gentian meadow , mountain community , hazel hedge , Hussars tub , in Hohenrechberg (nature reserve in Hohenrechberg almond hollow ) and Wolfstal .
There is also a forest classified as a natural monument with an old cattle trough, called " Sautränke Grünstadt " .
To the southwest, above Sausenheim, flows the very rich Queckbrunnen , from which a water pipe led to the Grünstadt stoneware factory in the 19th century . Near it there is a cliff formation with the relatively large by local standards Fuchshöhle .
The Haardtrand - Im Hohen Rech nature reserve ( CDDA no. 163452; designated 1990; 22.62 hectares ) is located on the northeastern edge of the Grünstadt mountain . Parts of the Fauna-Flora-Habitat- Area Kalkmagerrasen between Ebertsheim and Grünstadt (FFH no. 6414-301; 3.95 km² ) and parts of the Haardtrand bird sanctuary (VSG no. 6514-401; 147.28 km²) are located here ).
On the Grünstadter Berg there are sub-Mediterranean-continental dry grasslands . Its rich flora includes pale hornwort , stinking hellebore and round-leaved rabbit's ear . It became known primarily through studies and field work by the Grünstadt naturalist Oskar Sommer , who, among other things, published the results of his field biological observations in his books and thus made them known to a larger audience.
Energy policy controversy on wind power generation
The community mountain or the controversy about the interpretation of the community mountain as a priority area for wind energy generation is discussed again and again in the local and regional press. The background to the dispute is the wish of the Ebertsheim community to build a wind energy park on the community mountain. The district administration of the Bad Dürkheim district would like to prevent this concern, so that the Ebertsheim community intends to appeal against this decision. A picture of the potential wind power areas on the commune mountain can be found on page 58 (Figure 36) of the Grünstadt energy and climate concept from February 2013.
The summit plateau of the Grünstadt mountain offers very far-reaching views in practically every direction:
- south to west to the Palatinate Forest with (inter alia)
- to the northwest to the North Palatinate Bergland with the
- Donnersberg (687 m; 18 km)
- to the north-northwest on the Hunsrück with the
- Hochsteinchen (648 m; 58 km)
- North to the High Taunus with
- to the north-northeast to the Vogelsberg with the
- Taufstein (773 m; 134 km)
- to the northeast to east-southeast to the Odenwald with
- to the south-southeast to the Black Forest with
- Langmartskopf (942 m; 92 km)
- State Office for Surveying and Basic Geographic Information Rhineland-Palatinate: Topographical Map Grünstadt and Leininger Land , M = 1: 25,000, 3rd edition 2003, ISBN 3-89637-279-3 .
- Oskar Sommer: Enigmatic flora - of the plants of the Palatinate landscape and their secrets. Emil Sommer Publishing House, Grünstadt 1974.
- Oskar Sommer: Hikes through blooming nature reserves. Verlag Emil Sommer Grünstadt 1981, ISBN 3-921395-08-9 .
- Descriptions of the Grünstadt mountain: cneffpaysages.blog.lemonde.fr , cneffpaysages.blog.lemonde.fr , cneffpaysages.blog.lemonde.fr , cneffpaysages.blog.lemonde.fr , cneffpaysages.blog.lemonde.fr , cneffpaysages.blog.lemonde .fr and cneffpaysages.blog.lemonde.fr in the cneffpaysagesblog
- Map service of the landscape information system of the Rhineland-Palatinate nature conservation administration (LANIS map) ( notes )
- Website of the city administration of Grünstadt with section on Queckbrunnen
- Map services of the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation ( information )
- Günther Blaich: Remarkable plants of the community mountain of Neuleiningen , on guenther-blaich.de.
- Resistance against “those up there” , in “Die Rheinpfalz-Unterhaardter Rundschau”, No. 20, Saturday, January 24, 2015.
- Into the potatoes, out of the potatoes! ... Unanimous decision of the planning committee tipped , SPD regional center Rhein-Neckar, from June 5, 2014, accessed on January 24, 2015, on spd-rz-rhein-neckar.de.
- Energy and climate concept for Grünstadt - final report ( Memento of the original from April 2, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF) Leipziger Institut für Energie GmbH, February 2013, accessed on January 25, 2015.
- Calculated 360 ° panorama ( U. Deuschle ; information ) from the silo at the summit on the plate