I don't want to miss a thing
|I don't want to miss a thing|
|publication||July 28, 1998|
|Author (s)||Diane Warren|
|album||Armageddon: The Album (Soundtrack)|
I Do not Want to Miss a Thing (English for ". I want to miss a thing ") is a rock ballad of the American hard rock band Aerosmith in 1998. The song is part of the soundtrack to the film Armageddon - The last judgment . Author of I Do not Want to Miss a Thing is the songwriter Diane Warren , the title of was produced Matt Serletic .
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing was released as a single on July 28, 1998, but was released on July 1 with the release of the Armageddon soundtrack. In addition to this song, What Kind of Love Are You On , Sweet Emotion and Come Together are three other pieces by the band on the film's soundtrack album.
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (Diane Warren) - 4:58
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (Diane Warren) - 4:58 (Rock Mix)
- Taste of India (Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Glen Ballard) - 5:52 (Rock Remix)
- Animal Crackers (Diane Warren) - 2:36
The B-side of the single, released on July 28, 1998, is Animal Crackers , an audio excerpt from the film Armageddon and Taste of India , which had already appeared on the album Nine Lives .
After almost 30 years of band history, the song finally became the band's most successful single in 1998. It was number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts in the USA for four weeks , and Aerosmith also succeeded in Germany. The piece was also able to reach the top position in Austria, Australia, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Norway and Switzerland.
In 1999 the song was nominated for an Oscar for best movie song, but lost to When You Believe from the film The Prince of Egypt . I Don't Want to Miss a Thing was also nominated for the Golden Raspberry . The song gained popularity so quickly that two cover versions were recorded in the year of its release. The American country musician Mark Chesnutt named his eighth studio album, released in spring 1999, after the song.
The title has been covered many times, for example by:
- Mark Chesnutt (1999)
- Regine Velasquez (1998)
- Richard Clayderman (1999)
- Engelbert Humperdinck (2003)
- Heinz Winckler (2005)
- Joseph Williams (2006)
- New Found Glory 2008
- Howard Carpendale (2008)
- Pomplamoose (2010)
In addition, the song is sung by a larger group of actors in the 2002 movie Super Sweet and Super Sexy .
Awards for music sales
|Country / Region||Award||Sales|
|Awards for music sales
(country / region, Award, Sales)
|Australia (ARIA)||2 × platinum||140,000|
|Sweden (IFPI)||2 × platinum||60,000|
|United States (RIAA)||
+ Platinum (Physical)
|United Kingdom (BPI)||2 × platinum||1,200,000|
|All in all||
9 × gold
12 × platinum
Main article: Aerosmith / Music Sales Awards
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing in the German single charts on Musicline.de
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing in the Austrian single charts on Austriancharts.de
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing in the Swiss single charts on Hitparade.ch
- I Do not Want to Miss a Thing in the Official UK Charts (English)
- Aerosmith in the US charts
- Information about the soundtrack on IMDb.com
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing on Whosampled.com
- Cover versions of I Don't Want to Miss a Thing on Coverinfo.de