|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Height :||113 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||50.99 km 2|
|Residents:||8837 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||173 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||06184|
|Primaries :||034602, 034604, 034605, 0345 and 034204 (Beuditz)|
|License plate :||SK, MER, MQ, QFT|
|Community key :||15 0 88 150|
|Community structure:||4 localities|
|Address of the
|Lange Straße 18
|Mayor :||Steffen Kunnig|
|Location of the municipality of Kabelsketal in the Saalekreis|
Kabelsketal is a municipality in the Saalekreis in Saxony-Anhalt . It was created on January 1, 2004 from the voluntary amalgamation of the communities of Dieskau, Dölbau, Gröbers and Großkugel. The stream Kabelske , belonging to the catchment area of the White Elster , is eponymous for the community.
The municipality includes the localities
- Dieskau (3100 inhabitants) with the districts of Dieskau and Zwintschöna
- Dölbau (1170 inhabitants) with the districts Dölbau, Kleinkugel and Naundorf (with Stennewitz)
- Gröbers (2560 inhabitants) with the districts of Benndorf (with Bennewitz and Proitz), Gottenz , Gröbers, Osmünde and Schwoitsch
- Großkugel (2205 inhabitants) with the districts Beuditz and Großkugel
Kurt Hambacher was the mayor of the community from 2004 to 2018. He was elected to this office for the first time on September 12, 2004 and was re-elected in March 2011 with 63.2% of the vote. On April 29, 2018, Steffen Kunnig was elected the new mayor of the municipality of Kabelsketal with 71.33% of the vote. The seat of the municipal administration is in the village of Gröbers.
coat of arms
Blazon : "In green over gold talförmig lowered shared, growing one on either side of pole as made up out of the valley of two faceted silver cubes with thorn pointed solid corners accompanied, three-bladed, of rooted golden oak shoot, below blue wave beams."
Economy and Infrastructure
There are several business parks in the community. Because of the nearby Leipzig / Halle airport , numerous companies in the logistics sector, such as General Logistics Systems and Kraftverkehr Nagel , are based in Kabelsketal. Furthermore, regional companies have settled in the community. In addition, the main production facility of the module and system building manufacturer of the Kleusberg Group, a customer service center of Vodafone Kabel Deutschland GmbH with around 600 employees and the new production site of Enka Tecnica, a subsidiary of the Reifenhäuser Group, are located here . There are two buildings of the enviaM group with the headquarters of Mitteldeutsche Gasversorgung GmbH ( MITGAS ) with more than 400 employees and Mitteldeutsche Netzgesellschaft Strom mbH MITNETZ STROM and Mitteldeutsche Netzgesellschaft Gas mbH directly on the A 14 in Gröbers .
The community is connected to the railway network via the new Erfurt – Leipzig / Halle line and in Großkugel via the Magdeburg – Leipzig railway line with the S 3 of the Central German S-Bahn . The Leipzig / Halle Airport train station is also nearby and is served by the S5, S5X and long-distance trains.
Culture and sights
The architectural monuments of the individual districts are entered in the register of monuments in Kabelsketal .
- Memorial in the park in Lindenstrasse in the village of Gröbers for the victims of the March fighting in Central Germany in 1921 and the victims of fascism 1933–1945.
- Dieskau Castle and Castle Park , part of the Saxony-Anhalt Garden Dreams network, as well as the St. Anna Church in Dieskau.
- Other churches in Gröbers (Catholic), Großkugel, Naundorf and Osmünde (with a collapsed tower).
Sons and daughters of the church
- Karl Wilhelm von Dieskau (1701–1777), Prussian lieutenant general and inspector general of the artillery
- Otto Schmeil (1860–1942), biologist, educator and author. He is considered a reformer of the teaching of biology.
- Erhard Stollberg (* 1943), Member of the State Parliament (CDU)
- Bernd Hobsch (* 1968), soccer player
- State Statistical Office Saxony-Anhalt, population of the municipalities - as of December 31, 2019 (PDF) (update) ( help ).
- StBA: Changes in the municipalities in Germany, see 2004
- election Kabelsketal 2018 - election result
- MITNETZ STROM: Homepage MITNETZ STROM. Retrieved June 15, 2018 .