education and profession
After graduation in 1954 Krumsiek began studying law in Münster and Göttingen , received his doctorate in 1965 with the work "The mining law Schaumburg-Lippe and the County of Schaumburg" Dr. jur. and graduated in 1962 with the second state examination in law. During his studies, Krumsiek joined the unsuccessful student associations SBV Teutoburg Münster and Burschenschaft Germania Göttingen, both in the Schwarzburgbund (SB). He then entered the legal administration service in Lower Saxony . Krumsiek later became vice president of the DRK regional association Westphalia-Lippe. After an accident on the Wuppertal suspension railway claimed five lives in 1999 , he was temporarily appointed director of the Wuppertal public utility company . Until his death he was deputy chairman of the supervisory board of Gauselmann AG .
Krumsiek joined the SPD in 1962 and was city councilor in Göttingen from 1966 to 1970 and served as senior city director in Wuppertal from 1970 to 1980 . He then switched to state politics in North Rhine-Westphalia and was a member of the North Rhine-Westphalian state parliament from 1985 to 1995 . In June 1980 he was appointed State Secretary and Head of the State Chancellery to the state government led by Prime Minister Johannes Rau and took over the Ministry of Science and Research in October 1983 . From June 5, 1985 to July 17, 1995, he finally served as Minister of Justice .
He then worked as a lawyer. Krumsiek died on October 23, 2009 after a serious illness. He is buried in the central cemetery of the city of Münster.
honors and awards
- 1981: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1985: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Large Cross of Merit with Star of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Order of Merit of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Rolf Krumsiek at the North Rhine-Westphalia state parliament
- Literature by and about Rolf Krumsiek in the catalog of the German National Library
- Wuppertal's former city director Rolf Krumsiek has died Westdeutsche Zeitung (online) on October 23, 2009
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and politician (SPD)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 31, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Obernkirchen|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 23, 2009|
|Place of death||Muenster|