Thomas Kutschaty (born June 12, 1968 in Essen ) is a German politician ( SPD ). He has been a member of the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia since June 8, 2005 . From July 15, 2010 to June 30, 2017 he was Minister of Justice for the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. Since April 24, 2018 he has been chairman of the SPD parliamentary group and opposition leader in the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia .
Kutschaty comes from a family of railway workers in the north of Essen and was the first of the family to graduate from high school. After graduation in 1987 and his civilian studied Kutschaty at the Ruhr-University Bochum law . In 1995 he passed the first state examination, two years later the second state examination. From 1997 to 2010 he worked as a lawyer .
Kutschaty is married and has three children.
Kutschaty has been a member of the SPD since 1986. From 1987 to 1989 he was spokesman for the Young Socialists in the Essen-Borbeck district and from 1988 to 1990 a member of the board of the Young Socialists in Essen. Since 1987 he has been a member of the board of the Essen-Borbeck local association and has been its first chairman since 1994. From 1989 to 1999 he was a member of the Essen IV district council. He was then elected to the Essen City Council in 1999, where he was represented as an informed citizen in the Urban Development and Planning Committee until 2004.
Since June 8, 2005 he has been a member of the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia, where he is a full member of the interior committee, the legal committee and the control committee according to § 23 d. Belonged to the Constitutional Protection Act of North Rhine-Westphalia. He was also the deputy chairman of the Parliamentary Committee of Inquiry I “ JVA Siegburg ”. In the red-green minority government led by Hannelore Kraft (see " Cabinet Kraft I ") Kutschaty held the office of Minister of Justice. In the same function he belonged to the Kraft II cabinet .
On June 19, 2019, Kutschaty got involved in interviews as a candidate for the SPD federal chairmanship.
Jan-Robert from Renesse
In 2011, the Essen social judge Jan-Robert von Renesse charged that Kutschaty, as the highest employer, had covered his dismissal as the state social judge responsible for the ghetto pension law. Until he was released from the relevant tasks, the judge had practiced a more generous implementation of the law passed by the Bundestag in 2002, just as the Federal Social Court had previously requested. The delivery took place on the grounds that the judge tried to conduct the proceedings while he was sick. In 2012, the service court for judges at the Düsseldorf Regional Court found that the delivery was lawful.
In June 2014, Kutschaty filed a lawsuit against von Renesse for damaging the social justice system's reputation. Specifically, it was about statements in the petition to the Bundestag from 2012. He is said to have written there, among other things, that "agreements and actions are taken in the NRW judiciary in order to deliberately harm Holocaust survivors".
In March 2016, NRW Prime Minister Hannelore Kraft (SPD) was sent a petition by Colette Avital ( Awoda ), Chairwoman of the Center of Organizations of Holocaust Survivors (COHS) and former Knesset MP and former presidential candidate , according to which Holocaust survivors and their descendants should each other "Deeply offended" felt "by the news that the judge Jan-Robert von Renesse is brought to court". The petition goes on to say: “This is the first time a judge has been brought to justice after World War II for helping victims to gain their rights. Richter von Renesse is a decent and courageous man. We owe him deep gratitude and believe that his efforts should be appreciated and not punished ”. In a protest note to Federal Justice Minister Heiko Maas (SPD), the Simon Wiesenthal Center reprimanded a "harassment" against von Renesse.
Shortly before the start of the process in 2016, the lawsuit was withdrawn and the dispute settled out of court.
Because Kutschaty, in his function as chairman of the SPD-Essen, had given the Essen Bundestag member Petra Hinz , who had given false information in her resume, an ultimatum to give up her mandate, Thomas Darnstädt threw him on Spiegel Online a disregard for the freedom of the mandate at the Limit to compelling MPs ( (1) No. 2 lit. a StGB ). According to the former SPD member of parliament Willi Nowack , Kutschaty is said to have known about the false information in Hinz's résumé, which he denies. Hinz, who was treated as an inpatient, accused Kutschaty of breaking agreements with her and "finally clearing her for shooting".
- Cabinet Kraft I.
- Cabinet Kraft II
- List of Justice Ministers of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Ministry of Justice of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Thomas Kutschaty at the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Rheinische Post of July 30, 2010 p. A4: This is what the new Minister of Justice wants. - NRW Justice Minister Thomas Kutschaty (SPD) on his plans to put criminal children in closed homes in an emergency, how to deal with juvenile offenders, a more liberal drug law and possible random checks of prison staff
- Landtag internally 49th year, 17th electoral period, issue 7 from July 17, 2018 Forum: Portrait: Thomas Kutschaty (SPD)
- Note in: Landtag intern 7/2018 of July 17, 2018, p. 15
- State Parliament of Rhine-Westphalia: Thomas Kutschaty
- WDR: GroKo opponent Kutschaty toying with SPD chairmanship. Retrieved June 29, 2019 .
- www1.wdr.de ( Memento from November 17, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- Katja Schmidt: "Ghetto pensions": Ordained generosity. In: fr-online.de. June 2, 2009, accessed December 18, 2014 .
- Judge loses against his own court , WA, September 5, 2012
- dradio.de: Fighter for Holocaust victims is on trial. by Julia Smilga, March 18, 2016
- Richter fights for Nazi victims - and is sued . Die Welt, March 21, 2016.
- Fighters for ghetto pensions in court ( Memento from March 16, 2016 in the Internet Archive ). ZDF, March 16, 2016.
- Deutschlandfunk Kultur: Commitment to Holocaust survivors remains without thanks , accessed on June 21, 2019
- Thomas Darnstädt: Petra Hinz and the SPD: Total verrannt . Spiegel Online, August 3, 2016.
- The time of July 27, 2016: Hinz's fake curriculum vitae was known in Essen's SPD.
- SPD politician Hinz: "I deserve a last bit of dignity" . Spiegel Online, August 9, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 12, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||eat|