History and design
At the end of the 19th century there was a former village called Algersdorf in the fields in front of Graz . The settlement of industrial companies led to a population growth. For this reason, the prince-bishop wanted to set up a welfare and pastoral care office for the poor population. He entrusted this task to the Lazarists , who then moved into their second Graz branch. The motifs for the founding of the church are embedded in a document that is walled into a foundation stone. The foundation stone was laid on May 9, 1892 at 8 a.m. For reasons of cost, the Renaissance style and not Gothic was chosen during the historicist era . The plans for the church, built with a cross-shaped floor plan, come from the architect Robert Mikovics . The tower cross was consecrated on April 6, 1893, the church was consecrated on April 24, 1895. Next to the portal on the south side there are statues of St. Leopold and St. John the Baptist.
The church has been a parish church since 1932. Wolfgang Pucher has been pastor of the church since 1973 .
The organ was built in 1900 by the organ builder Konrad Hopferwieser and restored in 2003 by Orgelbau Kuhn (Männedorf, Switzerland). The cone chopping instrument has 17 stops on two manual works and a pedal . The action actions are mechanical, the stop actions are pneumatic.
- Coupling : I / I (super octave coupling), II / I, I / P, II / P.
- Alois Kölbl, Wiltraud Resch: Paths to God. The churches and synagogue of Graz . 2nd, expanded and supplemented edition. Styria, Graz / Vienna 2004, ISBN 3-222-13105-8 , pp. 207-209 .
- Parish Graz-St. Vincent. Catholic City Church Graz, accessed on May 24, 2019 .
- Parish Church of St. Vinzenz - Graz. Retrieved May 24, 2019 .
- The art monuments of Austria. Dehio Graz 1979 . P. 241
- Information about the organ on the website of the organ builder
- Parish Graz-St. Vincent
- History of some Lazarist parishes in Austria , section Missionshaus and Parish St. Vinzenz , Lazarist Austria, Congregation of Mission
- Lazarist parishes in Austria : Parish of St. Vinzenz, Graz. Lazarists Austria