Location in Wisconsin
|State :||United States|
|County :||Waukesha County|
|Time zone :||Central ( UTC − 6 / −5 )|
- Metropolitan Area :
|72,016 (as of 2016)
1,751,316 (as of 2010)
|Population density :||1,281.4 inhabitants per km 2|
|Area :||56.2 km 2 (approx. 22 mi 2 )|
|Height :||249 m|
|Postal code :||53188|
|Area code :||+1 262|
|GNIS ID :||1576312|
|Mayor :||Shawn Reilly|
Waukesha is a city (with the status " City ") and the administrative seat of Waukesha County in the US -amerikanischen State Wisconsin . In 2010 , Waukesha had 70,718 residents. The population increased to 71,016 by 2013 and to 72,016 by 2016
Waukesha is part of the Milwaukee metropolitan area .
The geographical coordinates of Waukesha are 43 ° 00'35.81 "north latitude and 88 ° 14'14.77" west longitude. The urban area extends over an area of 56.2 km² and borders in the south on the Town of Waukesha without belonging to it.
Neighboring towns to Waukesha are the city of Pewaukee (on the northern city limits), Brookfield (13.8 km northeast), West Allis (18.5 km east), New Berlin (13 km east-southeast), Muskego (17 km southeast), Big Bend ( 9 miles south), Mukwonago (13 miles southwest), North Prairie (11 miles southwest), Wales (8.3 miles west), Hartland (12 miles northwest) and the parish of Pewaukee (10.8 miles) north-northwest).
Milwaukee city center is 17 miles east. The closest major cities to Milwaukee are Green Bay (192 km north), Wisconsin's capital Madison (104 km west), Rockford in the neighboring state of Illinois (131 km southwest) and Chicago in Illinois (172 km south-southeast).
The Interstate 94 , the shortest route from Milwaukee to Madison, runs east-west through the city. In parallel, US Highway 18 runs through the urban area of Waukesha. In addition, Wisconsin State Highways 59 and 164 meet in the urban area of Pewaukee . All other roads in Waukesha are subordinate highways, unpaved driveways, or inter-urban connecting roads.
With the Waukesha County Airport the urban area is located in the north of Waukesha a small airfield. The nearest commercial airport is Milwaukee's Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport, 40 km east-southeast .
Waukesha is home to the private Presbyterian Carroll College . It was founded in 1846 , making it the oldest college in the state of Wisconsin. Other educational institutions in the city include the Waukesha County Technical College and the University of Wisconsin Waukesha .
|1860-2000 2010 2013|
According to the 2010 census , Waukesha had 70,718 people in 28,295 households. The population density was 1258.3 people per square kilometer. Statistically, 2.4 people lived in each of the 28,295 households.
The racial the population was composed of 88.1 percent white, 2.3 percent African American, 0.4 percent Native American, 3.5 percent Asian and 3.5 percent from other ethnic groups; 2.1 percent were descended from two or more races. Regardless of ethnicity, 12.1 percent of the population was Hispanic or Latino of any race.
23.7 percent of the population were under 18 years old, 65.7 percent were between 18 and 64 and 10.6 percent were 65 years or older. 51.0 percent of the population were female.
- Les Paul (1915-2009), guitarist
- David Knutson (* 1946), opera singer with tenor and countertenor voices
- John Anderson (born 1956), American football player
- Michelle Thaller (* 1969), astrophysicist
- Brad Beyer (born 1973), actor
- Derek Machan (* 1974), composer, pianist and music teacher
- Guy Allen Kelpin (* 1976), composer and trombonist
- Pete Zimmer (* 1977), jazz drummer and band leader
- Dan Solwold (born 1978), wrestler
- Morgan Hamm (* 1982), artistic gymnast
- Paul Hamm (* 1982), gymnast and Olympic champion
- Kelly Minkin (* 1987), poker player
- JJ Watt (born 1989), American football player
- Joe Schobert (* 1993), American football player
- American Fact Finder. Retrieved August 1, 2014
- U.S. Census Bureau, State & County QuickFacts - Waukesha, Wisconsin ( September 25, 2012 memento on the Internet Archive ) Retrieved August 1, 2014
- ACS Demographic And Housing Estimates United States Census Bureau: American Fact Finder. Status: 2016. Accessed November 9, 2018
- Distance according to Google Maps. Retrieved on August 1, 2014
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation - Railroad Map (PDF; 379 kB) Accessed August 1, 2014
- AirNav.com - Waukesha County Airport Retrieved on August 1, 2014
- US Decennial Census.Retrieved July 30, 2014