Basketball Bundesliga 1988/89
|Basketball Bundesliga 1988/89|
|Order of execution||23rd season|
|Number of teams||12|
|Main round first||Steiner Bayreuth|
|Top scorer||Keith Gray (Hagen)|
|German champions||Steiner Bayreuth|
|Runner-up||TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen|
The 1988/89 season was the 23rd season of the Basketball Bundesliga . The top division in German men's club basketball, which until 1990 was limited to West Germany excluding the GDR , was played in a league with twelve teams.
- Steiner Bayreuth was champion of the 1988/89 season .
- Cup winner of the 1988/89 season was Steiner Bayreuth .
- ASC 46 Göttingen withdrew from the Bundesliga after the 1987/88 season and started a new build in the Regionalliga Nord. The SG Braunschweig moved up to the basketball league.
- The second quarter-final game of DTV Charlottenburg against SSV Goldstar Hagen was canceled at 66:49 for Charlottenburg because a spectator assaulted a referee during the game.
- In the 5th and last final game between Steiner Bayreuth and TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen , Bayreuth achieved a record 4500 spectators in the Oberfrankenhalle .
|1||Steiner Bayreuth (P)||20th||2||40: 4|
|2||DTV Charlottenburg||19th||3||38: 6|
|3||TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen||17th||5||34:10|
|4th||TTL basketball Bamberg||15th||7th||30:14|
|5||BSC Saturn Cologne (M)||13||9||26:18|
|7th||SSV Goldstar Hagen (N)||10||12||20:24|
|8th||MTV 1846 Giessen||8th||14th||16:28|
|9||TSV Hagen 1860||7th||15th||14:30|
|10||SSV / SB Ulm (N)||7th||15th||14:30|
|11||FC Bayern Munich||5||17th||10:34|
|(M) Masters of the preseason||(N) newcomer (climber)||(P) Cup winners of the previous season|
|Fett Qualified for the final round||Relegation round|
The points of the main round were taken over; here the final result after the relegation round:
|1||TSV Hagen 1860||13||15th||26:30|
|2||SSV / SB Ulm||11||17th||22:34|
|3||FC Bayern Munich||7th||21st||14:42|
The quarter-finals were held in the " best of three " mode , the semi-finals and finals in the " best of five " mode .
This table shows all placements after the end of the season. The first eight places in the final round and in placement games were played out; places 9 to 12 were taken over from the relegation round.
|2||TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen|
|4th||BSC Saturn Cologne|
|5||TTL basketball Bamberg|
|7th||MTV 1846 Giessen|
|8th||SSV Goldstar Hagen|
|9||TSV Hagen 1860|
|10||SSV / SB Ulm|
|11||FC Bayern Munich|
- BBL All-Star Game
- 2. Basketball Bundesliga 1988/89
- German champion (basketball)
- German Cup Winner (Basketball)
- Basketball (magazine), official organ of the German Basketball Federation, , born in 1988 and 1989.
- From Sarodnik, via Kämpf and Wendt to Nowitzki and Wood - all top scorers in Bundesliga history. In: easyCredit Basketball Bundesliga. Retrieved March 20, 2018 .