Buick Enclave GMT967
|Body versions :||Station wagon|
Gasoline engine : 3.6 liters (205–215 kW)
|Wheelbase :||3020-3023 mm|
|Empty weight :||2168-2316 kg|
|successor||Buick Enclave (2017)|
|Rating in IIHS - Crash Test (2008), moderate overlap front, as GMC Acadia|
|Stars in the US NCAP crash test (2011) as a Chevrolet Traverse|
The basis for the design of the Enclave in 2003 was the Centieme study , which was presented for the first time at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). A near-series concept study, which was already called the Enclave, was presented at the NAIAS 2006. The production model was finally shown at the LA Auto Show in the same year.
He shared from model year 2008 as a technical basis the Lambda - platform by GM with the models Chevrolet Traverse , GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook . In the model range of Buick Enclave replaced the SUV models Rendezvous and Rainier and the people carrier Terraza .
The vehicle was revised for the 2013 model year.
In North America, the first generation of the Buick Enclave was replaced by the Buick Enclave (2017) in the 2018 model year . In China, the website for the first generation was online until 2018, but the model no longer appears in press releases regarding sales figures since June 2015.
The Buick Enclave underwent a major facelift for the 2013 model year, the revised model was presented on April 3, 2012 at the New York International Auto Show . While the technology remained unchanged, the interior and exterior design of the vehicle were fundamentally revised, whereby the analog clock in the cockpit was retained.
The interior has mainly been upgraded with new controls for the automatic air conditioning, new wood trim and a standard GM IntelliLink infotainment system, which makes the interior look much more modern.
The safety equipment has been supplemented by a newly developed "Front Center Airbag ", which is attached to the inside of the seat and is intended to help prevent collisions between passengers and thus minimize the risk of injury. It is standard on all models of the Enclave.
In the interior, the Buick Enclave offers three rows of seats for seven people. The vehicle, equipped either with front- wheel drive or optionally with all-wheel drive , is powered by a 3.6-liter V6 petrol engine with a maximum output of 205 kW (275 hp ) in the first model year (engine code LY7), from then on from 215 kW (288 hp) (engine code LLT). There is a 6- speed automatic transmission between the engine and the drive train .
The equipment level is high in all Enclave models, which is why the Enclave, as the “luxury version” of the GM Lambda platform, is positioned higher and accordingly more expensive than its corporate brothers Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia.
As of model year 2012, the equipment variants “CX” and “CXL” have been renamed to “Convenience”, “Leather” and “Premium”.
The basic equipment "Convenience Group" is already well equipped, the standard features include the IntelliLink radio with touchscreen, USB connection and XM radio , on-board computer, 3-zone automatic air conditioning, electrically adjustable driver's seat, 18-inch aluminum wheels, electric Openable and closable tailgate, xenon headlights, reversing camera and parking aid for the rear area.
This is followed by the “Leather Group”. It also includes electrically adjustable leather seats with heated seats, a blind spot warning system (BLIS) and 19-inch aluminum wheels.
The highest equipment line is the "Premium Group". It also contains a Bose audio system, collision warning system, lane departure warning system, front seat cooling and an electrically adjustable steering column.
A navigation system, an entertainment system for the rear seats and, from "Premium Group", a panoramic sliding roof are optional for all Enclave models.
The standard equipment in North America was only supplemented for model year 2014 with two USB charging options for smartphones in the second row.
In the IIHS crash test carried out with the GMC Acadia for the 2008 model year , the vehicle was rated “Good” in the “Moderate overlap front” test, and in the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse US NCAP crash test it received five stars in the overall rating.
|3.6 V6||3.6 V6 SIDI|
|Motor type||Gasoline engine|
|Mixture preparation||Manifold injection||Direct petrol injection|
|Max. Power at min −1||205 kW (275 hp) / 6600||215 kW (288 hp) / 6300|
|Max. Torque in min -1||340 Nm / 3200||366 Nm / 3400|
|Drive, as standard||Front wheel drive|
|Drive, optional||all wheel drive|
|Gearbox, as standard||6-speed automatic transmission|
|Top speed||174 km / h|
|Acceleration, 0-100 km / h||8.7 s|
|Tank capacity||83 l|
- 2008 Buick Enclave. In: iihs.org. Accessed February 11, 2019 .
- 2012 BUICK ENCLAVE SUV AWD | NHTSA. In: nhtsa.gov. Retrieved on February 11, 2019 (English, extended report in PDF format: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/database/MEDIA/GetMedia.aspx?tstno=7074&index=1&database=V&type=R ).
- Steven Cole Smith: First Drive: Buick Centieme Concept - Motor Trend. In: motortrend.com. September 24, 2003, Retrieved February 11, 2019 (American English).
- Buick Enclave: Private Jet - Auto Motor und Sport. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. January 10, 2006, accessed July 7, 2018 .
- David Thomas: 2006 LA Auto Show: Buick Enclave - News - Cars.com. In: cars.com. November 27, 2006, accessed July 7, 2018 .
- Uli Baumann: Buick Enclave model year 2018: data, prices, market launch - auto motor und sport. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. April 12, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2018 .
- 【昂科雷】 别 克昂科雷 _ 别克 新 昂科雷 报价 及 图片 _ 别克 汽车 官 网. In: buick.com.cn. Retrieved July 7, 2018 (Chinese, Buick Enclave model page for China).
- General Motors Sells 252,567 Vehicles in China in May. In: media.gm.com. June 4, 2015, accessed February 11, 2019 .
- General Motors Sets Annual Delivery Record in China. In: gmchina.com. January 6, 2016, accessed February 11, 2019 .
- 2013 Buick Enclave debuts with a new look over the same drivetrain . Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- 2013 Buick Enclave Lightning Technology . BestCarsGuide. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- GM Introduces Industry's First Front Center Air Bag. In: media.gm.com. September 29, 2011, accessed February 11, 2019 .
- Alexander Alusheff: GM to lay off 1,100 at Lansing Delta plant, cut third shift. In: eu.freep.com. March 6, 2017, accessed February 11, 2019 .
- GM Lansing Delta Township Plant Builds 2 Millionth Vehicle. In: media.gm.com. August 14, 2015, accessed February 11, 2019 .
- 2008 Buick Enclave CX AWD (since mid-year 2007 for North America US) specs review. In: automobile-catalog.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019 .
- 2009 Buick Enclave CX AWD (since mid-year 2008 for North America US) specs review. In: automobile-catalog.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019 .
- 2017 Buick Enclave FWD (since mid-year 2016 for North America) specs review. In: automobile-catalog.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019 .
- 2008-14 Buick Enclave | Consumer Guide Auto. In: consumerguide.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019 (American English).
- Buick Vehicles - Buick Enclave 2012. In: media.gm.com. Accessed February 11, 2019 .
- 2013 Buick Enclave Specs and Features | US News & World Report. In: cars.usnews.com. Accessed February 11, 2019 .
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from August 26, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.