Evergreen Park (Illinois)
Location in Illinois
|State :||United States|
|County :||Cook County|
|Time zone :||Central ( UTC − 6 / −5 )|
- Metropolitan Area :
|19,852 (status: 2010)
9,572,572 (status: 2010)
|Population density :||2,421 inhabitants per km 2|
|Area :||8.2 km 2 (approx. 3 mi 2 ) of
which 8.2 km 2 (approx. 3 mi 2 ) is land
|Height :||190 m|
|Postal code :||60805|
|Area code :||+1 708|
|GNIS ID :||02398846|
The suburb is bordered by Oak Lawn (Illinois) and Hometown (Illinois) to the west, while Ashburn (Illinois) to the north , Beverly (Illinois) to the east, and Mount Greenwood (Illinois) to the south , all neighborhoods of Chicago .
According to the 2010 census, the place had a land area of 8.2 square kilometers.
According to the 2009 census, 25,044 people lived in 8010 households and 8,059 families in the village. The population density was 2,536.0 inhabitants per square kilometer. There were 9,917 residential units with an average density of 927.7 houses per square kilometer.
In the 7,471 households, children under the age of 18 lived in 35.1% of cases, 54.3% were married couples living together, 13.2% had a female head of the household and 29.0% were non-families. 26.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.2% had people living in them who were 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.73 and the average family size was 3.35.
27.6% of the population were under 18 years old, 7.1% between 18 and 24 years old, 28.4% between 25 and 45 years old, 19.3% between 45 and 64 years and 17.5% were 65 Years or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 women there were 90.1 men. For every 100 women over the age of 18, there were 86.5 men.
The median income for a local household was US $ 53,514 and the median income for a family was US $ 64,766. About 2.4% of families and 4.2% of the population are below the poverty line , including 3.4% of those under 18 Years and 4.8% from the group of people who were 65 years or older.
- Chris Chelios (* 1962), former ice hockey player
- Brad Guzan (* 1984), footballer, played a. a. for Aston Villa and the American national team
- Ted Kaczynski (* 1942), better known as Unabomber
- Jill Krause (* 1978), biathlete
- Jenny McCarthy (* 1972), model
- Billy Pierce , member of the Chicago White Sox .
- George Wendt (* 1948), actor (Norm from "Cheers")
- 2010 Census US Gazetteer Files for Places - Illinois . United States Census. Archived from the original on January 12, 2013. Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved October 13, 2012.