|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Swabia|
|County :||Lindau (Lake Constance)|
|Management Community :||Argental|
|Height :||629 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||15.32 km 2|
|Residents:||1283 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||84 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||88167|
|Area code :||08383|
|License plate :||LI|
|Community key :||09 7 76 112|
|Community structure:||34 parts of the community|
|Association administration address:||Mühlenstrasse 1
88167 Röthenbach (Allgäu)
|Mayor :||Engelbert Fink (Gestratz Free Electorate)|
|Location of the municipality of Gestratz in the district of Lindau (Lake Constance)|
The municipality is located in the Westallgäu region on the state border with Baden-Württemberg , in the middle between Kempten and Lake Constance , about 30 km away from both. The eponymous capital is located on the north bank of the Upper Argen .
The wasteland of Hasenreute is now part of Dinnensberg.
|Argenbühl||Isny in the Allgäu|
Until the church is planted
Gestratz was first mentioned in 1182 as " Gestraese ".
Before Gestratz came to Bavaria, it belonged to the Austrian rule of Bregenz-Hohenegg. With the peace treaties of Brno and Pressburg in 1805, the place came to Bavaria. In the course of the administrative reforms in Bavaria , today's municipality was created with the municipal edict of 1818 .
- 1970: 1043 inhabitants
- 1987: 1028 inhabitants
- 1991: 1086 inhabitants
- 1995: 1090 inhabitants
- 2000: 1160 inhabitants
- 2005: 1221 inhabitants
- 2010: 1187 inhabitants
- 2015: 1270 inhabitants
- 2019: 1330 inhabitants
Between 1988 and 2018 the municipality grew from 1,022 to 1,280 by 258 inhabitants or by 25.2%.
The community is a member of the administrative community Argental .
After the May 2014 election, the municipal council has 12 members.
Mayor is Engelbert Fink.
coat of arms
Blazon : “In blue a curled, shortened golden tip, inside a blue crown of thorns; in front three golden arrows placed diagonally on the left, behind a golden bear's trunk. "
The bear's head stands for the church patron St. Gallus , the golden arrows show the coat of arms of the Lords of Horben and the blue crown of thorns shows the coat of arms of the Lords of Ringenberg .
Economy and Infrastructure
Economy including agriculture and forestry
In 2016, according to official statistics, there were 135 employees subject to social security contributions at the place of work. There were 555 employees at the place of residence subject to social security contributions. There were nine companies in the manufacturing sector and eight in the construction sector. In addition, there were 43 farms in 2010 (64 farms in 1999) with an agricultural area of 1005 hectares.
In 1999 the following institutions existed:
- Kindergarten: 50 kindergarten places with 48 children
- Elementary school: one with nine teachers and 210 students
- Joseph Wagner (1706–1780), copperplate engraver, born in Thalendorf
- Anna Maria Wehinger (* 1853 in Gestratz; † 1922 in Dornbirn) ran one of the first cooking and housekeeping schools in German-speaking countries from 1889 and wrote the not only historically well-known "Dornbirn Cookbook".
- Michael Kitzelmann (* 1916 in the district of Horben; † 1942 in Orel, Russia), officer, executed by firing squad, paid for his publicly expressed criticism of the Nazi regime with his life.
The novel "Tim's Briefe" by Katrin Stehle takes place in Gestratz .
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Community Gestratz in the local database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bavarian State Library, accessed on August 19, 2019.
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from April 15, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Mayor. Congregation, accessed July 23, 2020 .
- Entry on the Gestratz coat of arms in the database of the House of Bavarian History