Jörg and Bernd Landvoigt on April 15, 1978 in Leipzig
|nation||German Democratic Republic|
|birthday||March 23, 1951|
|place of birth||Brandenburg an der Havel , GDR|
|discipline||Rowing , belt|
SG Dynamo Potsdam
Potsdam Rowing Society
|End of career||1980|
Jörg Landvoigt (born March 23, 1951 in Brandenburg (Havel) , State of Brandenburg , GDR ) is a former German rower , rowing trainer and now a sports official. Together with his twin brother Bernd Landvoigt, he was twice Olympic champion and four times world champion in the two-man boat class without a helmsman .
Jörg Landvoigt started his sports career with his brother in 1965 at the BSG Einheit Brandenburg and in 1969 he was delegated to Potsdam to the children's and youth sports school and to the SG Dynamo Potsdam club . His first major international success was the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, where he won the bronze medal as a member of the GDR eight .
Later he formed one of the most successful two-withouts of all time with his twin brother Bernd , who achieved 179 wins in 180 consecutive races.
In both the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal and at the Games in 1980 in Moscow , they were Olympic champions. They also won the 1974, 1975, 1978 and 1979 world championships and were three times champions of the GDR (1974, 1978 and 1979). In 1980 both ended competitive sport.
In addition to his career, he successfully completed a sports degree from 1969–1977 and after his active time worked from 1980 to 1996 as a trainer at SG Dynamo Potsdam, which was continued as the Potsdam rowing company from 1990 onwards .
Today he works as a consultant for competitive sports in the State Sports Association of Brandenburg . Since 1998, Landvoigt has been the honorary chairman of the Havel Regatta Association from 1920 , which is responsible for staging regional and national rowing competitions in the Potsdam and Brandenburg area. As part of this honorary position, he was also deputy chairman of the organizing committees of the 2005 Junior World Championships and the U23 World Rowing Championships in 2008, both of which took place in his hometown.
- 1974: Patriotic Order of Merit in bronze
- 1976: Patriotic Order of Merit in silver
- 1980: Patriotic Order of Merit in Gold
- 1988: Order Banner of Labor Stage I
- Klaus Gallinat, Olaf W. Reimann: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 . . In:
- Jörg Landvoigt in the database of Sports-Reference (English; archived from the original )
- World champion at rrk-online.de
- Olympic champion at rrk-online.de
- the honor for the Olympic team of the GDR. Awarded high government awards. Patriotic Order of Merit in silver. In: New Germany . ZEFYS newspaper portal of the Berlin State Library , September 10, 1976, p. 4 , accessed on April 10, 2018 (free registration required).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German rower, rowing trainer and sports official|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 23, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brandenburg on the Havel|