Jasper Cillessen (2016)
|Surname||Jacobus Antonius Peter Cillessen|
|birthday||April 22, 1989|
|place of birth||Nijmegen , the Netherlands|
|VoetbalAcademie NEC / FC Oss|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|2008-2011||NEC Nijmegen||34 (0)|
|2011-2016||Ajax Amsterdam||101 (0)|
|2016-2019||FC Barcelona||5 (0)|
|2019–||Valencia CF||16 (0)|
|Years||selection||Games (goals) 2|
1 Only league games are given.
As of March 6, 2020
2 As of November 19, 2019
Jacobus Antonius Peter "Jasper" Cillessen (born April 22, 1989 in Nijmegen , Netherlands ) is a Dutch football goalkeeper . He is under contract with the Spanish first division club Valencia CF and is the Dutch national goalkeeper .
Jasper Cillessen started playing football in his home town of Groesbeek at the football club De Treffers when he was seven years old. At the age of twelve he was accepted into the soccer school VoetbalAcademie NEC / FC Oss , where he spent his subsequent youth. In March 2008 he received his first professional contract with NEC and played in the youth team Jong NEC. In August 2008 he was first used in the first team under coach Mario Been in a friendly match against a Rhenian selection. In 2010 his contract was extended by two years. In the pre-season 2010 he was allowed to stand between the posts in several games. Since the beginning of the 2010/11 season he was part of the Eredivisie squad of Nijmeger.
After regular goalkeeper Gábor Babos suffered a back injury at the beginning of the season, the young substitute goalkeeper jumped in for the first time on matchday four against sc Heerenveen . From then on, Cillessen remained first goalkeeper of the NEC for the rest of the season. He played so well that the Nijmegers drew a contract option and tied him to the club until 2014. At the end of April 2011, he was named Gelderscher Footballer of the Year as the successor to his goalkeeper colleague Piet Velthuizen .
In August 2016 he moved to FC Barcelona , where he received a five-year contract. He made his debut in the Spanish league on September 10, 2016 (3rd matchday) in a 2-1 defeat in the home game against promoted Deportivo Alavés . In his first two seasons in Barcelona he was substitute goalkeeper behind Marc-André ter Stegen . It was mainly used in the Spanish cup competition , in which it was also on the field in the successful cup finals in 2017 and 2018.
Cillessen was appointed to coach Cor Pot's Jong-Oranje team for the first time on October 10, 2010 after Tim Krul was injured, but was not used. He did not receive any further appointments because he had already exceeded the age limit for U-21 players for the following competitions.
In May 2011, bond coach Bert van Marwijk appointed the then 22-year-old for the first time to the extended squad of the senior national team . On June 7, 2013, Cillessen made his debut in the senior team of the Netherlands in a 3-0 win against Indonesia . He took part with the Dutch national team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and was also a regular goalkeeper; he played through all the preliminary round matches and the round of 16; in the quarter-finals against Costa Rica he was substituted in the last minute of extra time before the penalty shoot-out and replaced by Tim Krul ; Krul saved two penalties and secured the Netherlands a place in the semi-finals. In the semi-final against Argentina Cillessen played through again, but could not prevent the Netherlands from being eliminated on penalties; In the game for third place against host country Brazil, which the Netherlands won 3-0, he was replaced shortly before the end and replaced by Michel Vorm , so that the Netherlands were the only team at the World Cup with all 23 players - and thus also all three goalkeepers - were used.
- Jasper Cillessen in the database of weltfussball.de
- Jasper Cillessen on the NEC Nijmegen website
- Jasper Cillessen ( memento of December 24, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) on the Eredivisie website
- fifa.com: FIFA World Cup Brasil List of Players (June 10, 2014). June 10, 2014, accessed November 13, 2015 .
- Jasper Cillessen in het programma Koken Met Coenen , N1 , December 4, 2013.
- Speler: Jasper Cillessen ( memento from February 22, 2013 in the web archive archive.today ) on the De trouwe honden website
- Jasper Cillessen Gelders voetballer van het jaar ( Memento from April 30, 2011 in the Internet Archive ), website of the NEC Nijmegen from April 28, 2011
- Ajax and NEC reach agreement for Cillessen ( Memento from June 18, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) (English, accessed on August 29, 2011)
- Jasper Cillessen joins FC Barcelona fcbarcelona.com, on August 25, 2016, accessed on August 25, 2016
- Official Statement | Jasper Cillessen , valenciacf.com, June 26, 2019, accessed July 1, 2019.
- Jasper Cillessen opgeroepen voor Jong Oranje , VoetbalInfo.nl of October 10, 2010
- voorlopige selectie Krul, Cillessen ( Memento of 15 May 2011 at the Internet Archive ), OnsOranje Web site of the KNVB on May 13, 2011
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Cillessen, Jacobus Antonius Peter|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Dutch football goalkeeper|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 22, 1989|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nijmegen , the Netherlands|