|coat of arms||Germany map|
Help on coat of arms
|County :||Altenburger Land|
|Management Community :||Upper Sprottental|
|Height :||190 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.6 km 2|
|Residents:||305 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||46 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||04626|
|Primaries :||034496, 036608 (Nischwitz)|
|License plate :||ABG, SLN|
|Community key :||16 0 77 018|
|Community structure:||Main town, 1 district|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||André Vohs|
|Location of the community of Jonaswalde in the Altenburger Land district|
Jonaswalde is located at the transition from the Ronneburg arable and mining area to the Upper Pleißeland . The community is mainly used for agriculture, there is only a forest on the southern edge of the community area. The upper reaches of the Heukewalder Sprotte , which rises not far from the municipal border near Großpillingsdorf, runs in the south of the municipality . The nearest towns are Crimmitschau (8 km east), Ronneburg (8 km north-west) and Schmölln (8 km north-east).
Neighboring communities are Heukewalde , Thonhausen and Vollmershain in the Altenburger Land district, Rückersdorf in the Greiz district and the town of Crimmitschau in the Zwickau district in Saxony . The town of Crimmitschau with its districts Mannichswalde and Blankenhain is only indirectly adjacent.
The community consists of the districts Jonaswalde and Nischwitz .
Jonaswalde was first mentioned in a document between 1181 and 1214. From 1826 to 1920 Jonaswalde belonged to Sachsen-Altenburg and from 1900 it belonged to the Ronneburg district office. From 1922 to 1952 the community belonged to the district of Gera and then came to the district of Schmölln . In 1745 today's church and tower were built in the baroque style.
In 1910 there were 232 inhabitants in Jonaswalde, together with Nischwitz there were 529. In 1933 Jonaswalde had 213 and Nischwitz 249 inhabitants. In 1939 there were 214 and 218 inhabitants respectively.
Development of the population (from 1994: as of December 31) :
- Data source from 1994: Thuringian State Office for Statistics
- FFW Nischwitz: 4 seats (59.1%)
- FFW Jonaswalde: 2 seats (40.9%)
The turnout was 70.4% (+ 9.6%).
The mayor Rolf Matthes (FFW), who was in office until 2012, was elected to the municipal council in 1969 and held office from 1971 to 1974 and from 1978. On May 6, 2012, André Vohs was elected as the new mayor. He was confirmed in office on April 15, 2018 with 98.9% of the valid votes and a voter turnout of 70.8%. Only two people wrote their own candidates on the ballot paper.
Economy and Infrastructure
Jonaswalde is about the county road K 504 to the junction Schmölln of A 4 in Schön heath connected. From Nischwitz the K 504 leads south to the Thuringian-Saxon border near Blankenhain . The K 502 leads from Nischwitz via Heukewalde to Posterstein. Other local roads lead from Jonaswalde to Heukewalde and Vollmershain and from Nischwitz via Großpillingsdorf to Vogelgesang . The community is part of the Central German Transport Association and is connected by the bus lines 355 Schmölln – Untschen – Thonhausen and 357 Schmölln – Selka – Weißbach – Brandrübel – Schönhaide – Thonhausen – Nischwitz of the THÜSAC local passenger transport company , which run on weekdays except Saturdays . The next train station is in Nöbdenitz, four kilometers to the north .
- Heinrich Bergner (1865–1918), Protestant pastor and art historian
- Population of the municipalities from the Thuringian State Office for Statistics ( help on this ).
- Wolfgang Kahl: First mention of Thuringian towns and villages. A manual. Rockstuhl Verlag, Bad Langensalza, 2010, ISBN 978-3-86777-202-0 , p. 134
- municipalities in Germany 1900 - Duchy of Saxony-Altenburg - Ronneburg district office. Retrieved September 25, 2012 .
- 2014 municipal council elections , accessed on August 4, 2014.
- Jana Borath: Jonaswalder are again called to the ballot box. (No longer available online.) In: Elections in Thuringia. OTZ, April 23, 2012, formerly in the original ; Retrieved September 25, 2012 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Elections in Thuringia - community Jonaswalde. Thuringian State Office for Statistics (TLS), accessed on January 11, 2019 .