|coat of arms||Austria map|
|State :||Lower Austria|
|Political District :||Sankt Pölten-Land|
|License plate :||PL|
|Residents :||1,390 (January 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||69 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||3141|
|Area code :||02784|
|Community code :||3 19 15|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Alois Vogl ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : ( 2020 )
|Location of Kapelln in the Sankt Pölten-Land district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Kapelln is located in the Perschling valley in the exact center of Lower Austria, a few kilometers northeast of St. Pölten and southeast of Herzogenburg . The area of the market town covers 20.18 square kilometers. 10.29 percent of the area is forested.
The municipality includes the following 15 localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
- Etzersdorf (499)
- Chapels (302)
- Katzenberg (39)
- Mitterau (23)
- Mitterkilling (19)
- Upper killing (24)
- Obermiesting (31)
- Panzing (42)
- Ponning (58)
- Rapoltendorf (65)
- Rassing (145)
- Thalheim (119) including Ziegelhausen
- Unterau (14)
- Lower killing (9)
- Untermiesting (1)
The community consists of the cadastral communities Etzersdorf, Kapelln, Katzenberg, Killing, Panzing and Miesting, Pönning, Rapoltendorf, Rassing and Thalheim.
The first documents are available from the 9th century. The parish Kapelln was established in the second half of the 11th century by the diocese of Passau .
The local community of Kapelln was created in 1854 through the union of the cadastral community of Kapelln with the cadastral communities of Etzersdorf, Katzenberg, Killing, Panzing with Miesting, Pönning, Rapoltendorf and Rassing. In 1971 the municipality of Thalheim was incorporated and in 1983 Kapelln was raised to the status of a market municipality.
According to the results of the 2001 census , there were 1280 inhabitants. In 1991 the market town had 1125 inhabitants, in 1981 1079 and in 1971 1086 inhabitants.
The mayor of the market town is Alois Vogl, the vice mayor is Franz Rödl and the official director is Claudia Eder.
Culture and sights
The Kapelln football club is located in the village. FC Kapelln currently plays in 1st class West-Mitte (7th level).
Economy and Infrastructure
In 2001 there were 39 non-agricultural workplaces, agricultural and forestry operations 102 according to the 1999 survey. According to the 2001 census, the number of people in employment at the place of residence was 586. The 2001 participation rate was 46.71 percent.
- 1983: Franz Blochberger, Provincial Councilor i. R.
- 1998: Josef Schmied, mayor i. R.
- 2016: Hanns Schubert, investigator / installer, Lower Austria center
- 2018: Alfred Staudinger, Head of Office von Kapelln 1989–2017
Sons and daughters of the church
- Jenny Weleminsky (1882–1957), translator and Esperantist
- Gertrude Tumpel-Gugerell (* 1952), bank manager at the ECB
- Homepage of the market town of Kapelln
- 31915 - chapels. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Topothek Kapelln historical images, located, tagged and dated
- Adventure trail around the center of Lower Austria
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- http://www.noen.at/herhabenburg/kapelln-staudinger-ist-neuer-ehrenbuerger/74.097.722# (accessed on February 15, 2018)