|coat of arms||Austria map|
|State :||Lower Austria|
|Political District :||Sankt Pölten-Land|
|License plate :||PL|
|Main town :||Oberwölbling|
|Residents :||2,553 (January 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||79 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||3124|
|Area code :||02786|
|Community code :||3 19 48|
|Address of the
Oberer Markt 1
|Mayoress :||Karin Gorenzel ( SPÖ )|
Municipal Council : ( 2020 )
|Location of Wölbling in the Sankt Pölten-Land district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Wölbling is located in the Mostviertel in Lower Austria. The area of the market town covers 32.26 km² . 55.43 percent of the area is forested.
The municipal area comprises the following 10 localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
In ancient times, the area was part of the Noricum province .
The partner community has been the Upper Bavarian community of Bischofswiesen since July 2005 . Both are linked by an exchange between the Archbishop of Salzburg and the Provost of Berchtesgaden in 1155.
The Oberwölbling military cemetery commemorates the heavy fighting in the last weeks of the Second World War in April and May 1945, where more than 4,000 dead were laid to rest.
The municipal council has 21 seats, the mayor of the market town is Karin Gorenzel.
In the 2005 municipal council elections , the SPÖ won 11, the ÖVP 9 and the FPÖ 1 mandate. In the municipal elections in 2010 , no mandates moved. In the 2015 municipal council elections , the ÖVP lost 3 mandates, one moved to the SPÖ and with 2 seats, the Wölbling Together (MIT) list moved into the municipal council.
Culture and sights
Economy and Infrastructure
In 2001 there were 69 non-agricultural workplaces, and according to the 1999 survey there were 89 in agriculture and forestry. According to the 2001 census, the number of people in employment at home was 1,175. In 2001, the employment rate was 47.19 percent.
Fladnitztal cycle path
- Bischofswiesen , Bavaria (2005)
- Market town of Wölbling: Wölbling then and now , 2002 ISBN 3-85028-348-8
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Result of the 2005 municipal council election in Wölbling. Office of the Lower Austrian State Government, March 4, 2005, accessed on November 22, 2018 .
- Election result of the municipal council election 2010 in Wölbling. Office of the Lower Austrian State Government, October 8, 2010, accessed on November 22, 2018 .
- Election results for the 2015 municipal council elections in Wölbling. Office of the Lower Austrian State Government, December 1, 2015, accessed on November 22, 2018 .
- Official website of the Bischofswiesen community ( memento of the original from September 30, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.