|Metropolitan city||Bari (BA)|
|Residents||59,044 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density||1,013 inhabitants / km²|
|Patron saint||Conrad of Bavaria , Madonna dei Martiri|
The old town of Molfetta with the Duomo di San Corrado (German: Dom Sankt Konrad ) from 1150 had to serve as a particularly drastic example of urban gutting in recent years . It was almost abandoned and ruined. A general renovation has so far shown a clear improvement in the situation. The old and new cathedral and large parts of the old town have been renovated and are now in good condition.
The new cathedral dates from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Olives and wine are grown in the region around Molfetta.
sons and daughters of the town
- Nicola Riganti (1744–1822), Bishop of Ancona and Numana and Cardinal
- Gaetano Salvemini (1873–1957), author and politician
- Mario Almirante (1890–1964), actor and director
- Domenico Leccisi (1920–2008), politician and journalist
- Giovannangelo Camporeale (1933-2017), archaeologist and Etruscanologist
- Angelo Cardinal Amato (* 1938) SDB , Cardinal of the Curia
- Gaetano Salvemini (* 1942), football player and coach
- Pasqualina Napoletano (* 1949), politician and teacher
- Michele Salvemini (* 1973), the musician Caparezza
- Rossella Biscotti (* 1978), video, performance and installation artist
- Francesco Carabellese: La città di Molfetta dai primi anni del secolo x ai primi del xiv. Vecchi, Bari 1899.