Calendar overview 1007
|Synod of Frankfurt will Diocese of Bamberg founded.||Fürth is first mentioned in a document on a document issued there .|
|1007 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||455/456 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1550/51 (southern Buddhism); 1549/50 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||61st (62nd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||369/370 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||397/398 (New Year 16/17 September)|
|Jewish calendar||4767/68 (September 14-15)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1317/18 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1318/19 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1063/64 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- October 22nd : King Henry II awards the County of Cambrai to the Diocese of Cambrai and thus establishes the Monastery of Cambrai . The previous Count Arnulf II remains only Count in Hainaut . The county of Flanders exercises patronage over the new bishopric.
- November 1st : Fürth is first mentioned in a document .
- November 1st : The Synod of Frankfurt convened by King Heinrich II in 1007 begins. Here Heinrich receives the approval of the bishops to establish the diocese of Bamberg from parts of the dioceses of Würzburg and Eichstätt . Among the 35 participants are not only German, but also Burgundian, Hungarian and Italian church princes. The Würzburg bishop Heinrich is not present, but can be represented. The Archbishop of Mainz , Willigis , chairs the meeting as the Pope's deputy. At the synod, Eberhard , the king's chancellor, was ordained by Willigis as the shepherd of the new border bishopric. Also at the synod, rich donations are vouched for the diocese in order to put it on a solid economic basis. The new diocese is initially subordinate to the Archdiocese of Mainz .
- Giselbert , Count of Luxembourg († 1059 )
- Hugo Magnus , King of France († 1025 )
- Ouyang Xiu , Chinese statesman, historian, essayist and poet († 1072 )
- July 21, 1006 or 1007: Gisela of Burgundy , Duchess of Bavaria (* around 950 )
- October 31 : Heriger von Lobbes , Flemish clergyman and composer, abbot of Lobbes Abbey in Hainaut (* around 940 )
- Abu Rakwa , leader of an uprising against the Fatimids (* around 975 )
- Badi 'az-Zaman al-Hamadhani , Arabic-writing poet (* 968 )