After studying law at the University of Vienna (doctorate in 1952), the daughter of the then Mayor of Linz, Ernst Koref, joined the concept service of Upper Austria in 1953 and worked in the finance department of the Urfahr-Umgebung district administration . From 1966 to 1972 she was still vice-president of the Association of Women Academics in Austria and between 1964 and 1970 she was chairman of its Upper Austrian regional association.
Between 1975 and 1983 Beatrix Eypeltauer was a member of the National Council for the Social Democratic Party of Austria . Under Bruno Kreisky , she became State Secretary in the Federal Ministry for Buildings and Technology in 1979 and held this position in the following cabinets until she retired in 1987.
She is a member of the provincial board of the Association of Socialist Academics Upper Austria and a member of the district board of the SPÖ Linz / Stadt. She was also the President of the Upper Austrian Tenants' Association from 1975 to 1987.
Beatrix Eypeltauer married in 1953 and has two children with her husband. Their daughter was born in 1956 and their son in 1959.
- Beatrix Eypeltauer , in: Internationales Biographisches Archiv 20/1988 of May 9, 1988, in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely available)
- Beatrix Eypeltauer on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Entry on Beatrix Eypeltauer in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- Radio reports with Beatrix Eypeltauer in the online archive of the Austrian Media Library
- http://www.city-magazin.at/storysundevents/szeneund eyp.html ( Memento from November 7, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Koref, Beatrix (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian lawyer and politician (SPÖ), member of the National Council|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 10, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Linz|