Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano
|Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano|
|Founded||June 10, 1914|
|Place of foundation||Rome|
|Association headquarters||Piazza Lauro de Bosis 15
The Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano ( CONI ; German National Olympic Committee of Italy ) is the umbrella organization of Italian sports associations .
The organization was founded on June 10, 1914 as part of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) . Around 95,000 sports clubs and 11 million members belong to the association. Not all Italian sports clubs belong to the CONI. The UISP, founded as a workers' sports organization in 1946, is part of the Confédération Sportive Internationale du Travail .
The following are recognized by the CONI in Italy:
- 45 sports associations
- 19 related disciplines
- 14 institutions to promote national sport
The associated service company Coni Servizi SpA , which is responsible for the economic side, is wholly owned by the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance .
List of presidents
Sporting awards given by CONI
- Stella al merito sportivo : Star for sporting merit (in gold, silver, bronze)
- Collare d'Oro al Merito Sportivo : Golden collar for sporting merit
- Medaglia al Valore Atletico : medal for athletic value (in gold, silver, bronze)
- Palma al Merito Tecnico : palm for technical merit
Commons : Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano - Collection of images, videos and audio files
- Official website of CONI (Italian, English)
- Italy on olympic.org
- ↑ a b c d e Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano. Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano, accessed September 18, 2018 .
- ↑ Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano : Organigramma gennaio (PDF; 143 kB).