|Height :||353 m above sea level NHN|
|Residents :||25 (2016)|
|Postal code :||90599|
|Area code :||09824|
The hamlet is located on the Mettlachbach, a right tributary of the Haselbach , and on the Thierbach, which flows into the Mettlachbach as a right tributary. Approx. 0.5 km west of the forest area begins Adelmann Dorfer blow , to the south the forest area bordering Heegstall to, on the southeast lies the forest Adelweidach , behind which rises Höfner Mountain ( ). A residential path leads 100 meters further north to the district road AN 17 , which runs to Adelmannsdorf (0.7 km north-west) or to Warzfelden (2 km south-east).
The first mention by name that can be clearly assigned dates from 1476 as "courtyards". Whether the Cunradus de Houen, mentioned in 1268, had his ancestral home in this farm cannot be clarified.
Towards the end of the 18th century there were three properties in Höfen (1 courtyard, 1 estate, 1 mill). The high court exercised the Brandenburg-Ansbach Hofkastenamt Ansbach . The Obervogteiamt Virnsberg of the Teutonic Order held the village and community rulership and lordship over all properties .
As part of the community edict, Höfen was assigned to the Weihenzell tax district, which was formed in 1808 . It also belonged to the rural community Weihenzell, founded in 1811 . On July 27, 1830, Höfen was reorganized into the newly formed community of Haasgang . This was dissolved on July 1, 1972 as part of the regional reform. Adelmannsdorf and Höfen were incorporated into the Dietenhofen market.
The place has been Protestant since the Reformation. The residents of the Evangelical Lutheran denomination are parish to St. Andreas (Dietenhofen) , the residents of the Roman Catholic denomination to St. Bonifatius (Dietenhofen) .
- Johann Kaspar Bundschuh : Courtyards . In: Geographical Statistical-Topographical Lexicon of Franconia . tape 2 : El-H . Verlag der Stettinische Buchhandlung, Ulm 1800, DNB 790364298 , OCLC 833753081 , Sp. 698 ( digitized version ).
- Elisabeth Fechter: The place names of the district of Ansbach . Inaugural dissertation. Erlangen 1955, DNB 480570132 , p. 98 .
- Manfred Jehle: Ansbach: the margravial chief offices Ansbach, Colmberg-Leutershausen, Windsbach, the Nuremberg nursing office Lichtenau and the Deutschordensamt (Wolframs-) Eschenbach (= historical atlas of Bavaria, part Franconia . I, 35). tape 2 . Commission for Bavarian State History, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-7696-6856-8 , p. 869 .
- Josef Kollar (Ed.): Market Dietenhofen . 1985, p. 158 f .
- Höfen on the website dietenhofen.de
- Höfen in the location database of the Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online . Bavarian State Library
- Höfen in the Topographia Franconiae of the University of Würzburg , accessed on September 14, 2019.
- Höfen in the historical directory of the Association for Computer Genealogy
- E. Fechter, p. 98.
- Höfen in the Bavaria Atlas
- M. Jehle, Vol. 2, p. 869.
- JK Bundschuh, Volume 2, Col. 698: "Höfen, bey Beutellohe, Teutonic hamlet in the district of the former Oberamt Ansbach of 3 subjects."
- State Archives Nuremberg , Government of Middle Franconia, Chamber of the Interior, 1952, 3850: Formation of the municipal and rural communities in the district court of Ansbach 1808-17. Quoted from M. Jehle, Vol. 2, p. 961.
- M. Jehle, Vol. 2, p. 948.
- Only inhabited houses are given. In 1818 these were designated as fireplaces , in 1840 as houses and from 1885 to 1987 as residential buildings.
- Alphabetical index of all the localities contained in the Rezatkkreis according to its constitution by the newest organization: with indication of a. the tax districts, b. Judicial Districts, c. Rent offices in which they are located, then several other statistical notes . Ansbach 1818, p. 41 ( digitized version ).
- Eduard Vetter (Ed.): Statistical handbook and address book of Middle Franconia in the Kingdom of Bavaria . Self-published, Ansbach 1846, p. 41 ( digitized version ).
- Joseph Heyberger, Chr. Schmitt, v. Wachter: Topographical-statistical manual of the Kingdom of Bavaria with an alphabetical local dictionary . In: K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Bavaria. Regional and folklore of the Kingdom of Bavaria . tape 5 . Literary and artistic establishment of the JG Cotta'schen Buchhandlung, Munich 1867, Sp. 984 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb10374496-4 ( digitized version ).
- Kgl. Statistical Bureau (ed.): Complete list of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to districts, administrative districts, court districts and municipalities, including parish, school and post office affiliation ... with an alphabetical general register containing the population according to the results of the census of December 1, 1875 . Adolf Ackermann, Munich 1877, 2nd section (population figures from 1871, cattle figures from 1873), Sp. 1149 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb00052489-4 ( digitized version ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Localities directory of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to government districts, administrative districts, ... then with an alphabetical register of locations, including the property and the responsible administrative district for each location. LIV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1888, Section III, Sp. 1089 ( digitized version ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Directory of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria, with alphabetical register of places . LXV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1904, Section II, Sp. 1153 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Localities directory for the Free State of Bavaria according to the census of June 16, 1925 and the territorial status of January 1, 1928 . Issue 109 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1928, Section II, Sp. 1190 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria - edited on the basis of the census of September 13, 1950 . Issue 169 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1952, DNB 453660975 , Section II, Sp. 1026 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official city directory for Bavaria, territorial status on October 1, 1964 with statistical information from the 1961 census . Issue 260 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1964, DNB 453660959 , Section II, Sp. 755 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria . Issue 335 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1973, DNB 740801384 , p. 168 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing (Ed.): Official local directory for Bavaria, territorial status: May 25, 1987 . Issue 450 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich November 1991, DNB 94240937X , p. 325 ( digitized version ).
- Statistics of the population in the districts. ( Memento from August 1, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ) on: dietenhofen.de