|Lilija Podkopajewa medal table
|gold||1996 Atlanta||Individual all-around|
|silver||1996 Atlanta||Balance beam|
|gold||1995 Sabae||Individual all-around|
|silver||1995 Sabae||Balance beam|
|silver||1995 Sabae||Uneven bars|
|silver||1994 Brisbane||Balance beam|
Lilia Podkopaeva started doing gymnastics at the age of five. In 1993 she took part in international senior competitions for the first time. Lilia Podkopajewa celebrated her first success at international championships in 1995 at the world championships in Sabae . There she became world champion in jumping and in all-around competition. She also won a silver medal on the uneven bars and on the balance beam .
At the European Championships in Birmingham in 1996 , she was European champion in all-around, on the ground and on the uneven bars. With the team she won a bronze medal, also on the jump. At the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta , she won a silver medal on the balance beam and was Olympic champion in all-around and on the ground. Due to injuries, Podkopayeva then no longer saw the opportunity to continue to gymnastics at the level of 1996 and therefore decided to end her career.
Today she works as a trainer and referee. In 2001, she took her first steps on Ukrainian television with a fitness show. In 2007 she appeared in the Ukrainian version of Let's Dance . She took part in the Eurovision Dance Contest for Ukraine on September 6, 2008 in Glasgow . In 2008 Lilija Podkopajewa was inducted into the International Gymnastics Hall of Fame .
Lilija Podkopajewa is married and has with her husband Timofey Nagorny the biological daughter Karolina and the adopted son Vadim. With Timofey Nagorny, she is committed to helping children in Ukraine, including orphans and children infected with the HI virus .
- Lilija Podkopajewa in the International Gymnastics Hall of Fame (English)
- Lilija Podkopajewa in the database of the Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique (English)
- Lilija Podkopajewa in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- Legends: Lilia Podkopayeva ( Memento from January 13, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) (English)
- 21st European Championships Artistic Gymnastics Women on August 9, 2007. ( Memento of the original from February 1, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- IG Online Interview: Lilia Podkopayeva (Ukraine) ( Memento from December 11, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- IG Online: Big plans for Podkopayeva ( Memento from October 25, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Podkopajewa, Lilija Olexandriwna (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Ukrainian gymnast|
|DATE OF BIRTH||15th August 1978|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Donetsk , Soviet Union|