Telephone code (Romania)
The telephone prefix codes in Romania are organized and assigned by the Autoritatea Națională pentru Comunicații (ANC) . There are regulations and guidelines for assigning number ranges. Responsibility for the allocation and use of numbers within the area code is then the responsibility of the respective network operator (in the case of regional area codes, this is usually Romtelecom , in the case of cell phone codes, the relevant network operator, etc.).
Dialing a Romanian number from abroad:
The area code is the area code of a location, cellular network or other type of network. Dialing within the country can always be done as follows:
- 0 + operator + area code + phone number
- The usual operator code for dialing the location is 2 (Romtelecom).
- Most private providers use number 3 for this .
- 6 and 7 are provided for mobile phone numbers .
- 8 is for service numbers, 0800 is free.
- 9 is reserved for premium services.
The Romanian telephone prefixes are based on the national division into circles .
- x can be 2 or 3 (see above).
|District of Olt||0x49|
|Satu Mare County||0x61|
|District of Vâlcea||0x50|
- Area codes in the Romanian landline network (Romanian)
- National dial plan (English)
- Regulatory Authority website (Autoritatea Națională pentru Comunicaţii, ANC) (Romanian)