Vivienne "Vivi" Bach ; actually: Vivi Bak (born September 3, 1939 in Copenhagen ; † April 22, 2013 in Santa Eulària , Ibiza , Spain ), was a Danish singer , actress , television presenter and writer .
Even as a child, the baker's daughter was enthusiastic about singing and dancing; so she performed as a high school student in a jazz cellar. After school she began training as a makeup artist, but broke it off and took singing and acting lessons. A first tour as a singer in a band followed. In Copenhagen she was hired for smaller theater roles, which the press received positively. Her first marriage was to Heinz Sebeck from Vienna.
In 1956, Bach received her first film role, which was soon followed by others. The young Danish woman was also noticed in Germany; together with Hans-Joachim Kulenkampff she played for the first time in a German film in 1959. This was mainly followed by shallow music films in which she was seen alongside Peter Alexander , Rex Gildo , Bill Ramsey , Fred Bertelmann and Gus Backus, among others. She also appeared in several international films like the spaghetti westerns bullets do not argue ( Le Pistol non discutono on, 1964).
Bach's German singing career began in 1960 with a duet with Rex Gildo at Electrola ; In the same year, however, she switched to the Philips company , which produced eleven records with her by 1964. Another duet was most successful, this time with Gerhard Wendland : the German version of the US hit “Hey Paula” by Paul & Paula was entitled “Hey Vivi - Hey Gerhard”. It was Bach's only title that made it into the German charts. The switch to Ariola in 1965 did not bring any chart success either.
The attempt to start his own film company was a complete failure. Bach produced the crime thriller The Secret of the Red Tassel , which flopped. The positive thing about this company was the meeting with the actor Dietmar Schönherr (1926–2014) in 1963 . The two married in 1965. She then made two films with him: A vacation bed with 100 hp and blonde freight for Zanzibar . Even in the wake battle for the sun of science fiction - television series Space Patrol , she appeared on the side Schönherrs.
Together with him, Bach began a new career as a television presenter. With the television series Gala-Abend der Schallplatte and 24 episodes of the game show Wünsch Dir was (1969–1972), the “Danish Bardot” became a television favorite in Germany. In 1969 she also had success alongside Luis Trenker and Toni Sailer in the entertainment series Air Jumps .
In 1973 the WDR produced a personality show entitled Vivat Vivi , in which Bach showed himself to be very versatile, but which was unsuccessful in the long run. In 1976 she released her last record, a duet with Dietmar Schönherr ("Life means well with Danes and with those who Danes are close to"). Then she withdrew into private life.
Later she worked as a painter, designer, illustrator and author of children's books and supported Schönherr in his social engagements. From 1990 she lived with him in Santa Eulària , Ibiza, where she died of heart failure on April 22, 2013 . According to Schönherr's last will, who died in 2014, his ashes were scattered in the Mediterranean along with those of his two wives.
Vivi Bach and Dietmar Schönherr's legacy, including some of the private ones, was handed over by the couple's heir to the WaRis - Tyrolean Film Archive . The heir has also decided to auction the Bach-Schönherr couple's private collection of paintings for the benefit of the cultural project founded by Dietmar Schönherr, the “Casa de los Tres Mundos” in Nicaragua . The collection was viewed and cataloged in collaboration with the artist Wolfgang Hunecke, one of Schönherr's companions during his engagement in Nicaragua. These included works of art by Vivi Bach, Arik Brauer , Gottfried Helnwein , Rudolf Hausner , Tomi Ungerer and Friedensreich Hundertwasser . The auction of around 200 works in November 2015 brought in between 100,000 and 120,000 euros, around half of which was a watercolor by Hundertwasser.
|From page||released||Record company|
|Sing - Swing / The Cowboys from the Silver Ranch||08/1960||Electrola|
|All men are robbers / Mi scusi, mi scusi, Signor||10/1960||Philips|
|Voulez-vous Monsieur / Playboy||01/1961||Philips|
|In Ko-Ko-Copenhagen / Do what you want||07/1961||Philips|
|A little Indian girl / seven sweet kisses||01/1962||Philips|
|When the music is playing on Lake Wörthersee / The sweet life||05/1962||Philips|
|Where is the man with the beard / There came a young man||08/1962||Philips|
|Hey Vivi - Hey Gerhard / Small house||05/1963||Philips|
|King-Hully-Gully / Music and love||11/1963||Philips|
|Yes, if it weren't for the moonlight / Tivoli twist||12/1963||Philips|
|Sole, sole, sole / At night kisses are like that again||02/1964||Philips|
|Let's Shake / Dreamy Boy||06/1964||Philips|
|It's not just small fish that bite me / where are the hours||1964||Prom|
|Hey boy, go your way / everyone calls me baby||03/1965||Ariola|
|Snib Snab Snob / Put the gun down||08/1965||Ariola|
|Oh Mr. Brown / When you kiss me in the evening||11/1965||Ariola|
|Hvad Gør En Teenager Med Kærlighed (Teenager In Love)||1977||KMF|
|Hva 'Gør Det (Living Doll)||1977||KMF|
- with Rex Gildo
- with Gerhard Wendland
- with Dietmar Schönherr
- after 1967: The color television couple (fontana, LP)
- 1967: Gala evening of the record (Teldec, LP)
- 1968: Famous parents tell fairy tales (Poly, LP)
- 1968: You and I (Cornet, LP, with Dietmar Schönherr)
- 1969: Summ, Summ, Summ
- 1969: Gala evening of the record (Teldec, LP)
- 1971: Keep Swinging
- 1971 ?: Make a wish (Elektrola)
- 1975: Songs for women at 30 (LP)
- ?: Two (BASF, LP)
- 1976: The scent of the big world / In the good old days (Prom, Single, with Dietmar Schönherr)
- 1980: Vores gade ( Ed.Wilhelm Hansen, LP, with Otto Brandenburg)
- 2006: Sins of Youth (Bear, CD)
- 2014: In Ko-Ko-Copenhagen - The great successes (CD)
- 1958: Krudt og klunker
- 1958: Seksdagesløbet
- 1958: Pigen og vandpytten
- 1959: Always the girls
- 1959: Nobody can do us
- 1959: Pigen i søgelyset
- 1959: Soldierkammeradter rykker ud
- 1959: Guitars sound softly through the night
- 1960: hit parade 1960
- 1960: We never want to part
- 1960: Schlagerraketen - Festival of Hearts
- 1960: Criminal Tango
- 1961: The adventures of Count Bobby
- 1961: Schlager parade 1961
- 1961: My sweetheart wants to go sailing with me on Sunday
- 1961: This is how people love and kiss in Tyrol
- 1961: Our great aunts
- 1961: ... and you, my darling, stay here
- 1962: The mail goes off
- 1962: When the music plays on Lake Wörthersee
- 1962: crazy and sewn up
- 1962: The sold grandfather
- 1963: Our great nieces
- 1963: Dronningens vagtmester
- 1963: The riddle of the red tassel (also production)
- 1963: ... because music and love in Tyrol
- 1963: The drums of death by the great river
- 1964: Holiday in St. Tropez
- 1964: The last two from the Rio Bravo
- 1965: Blonde freight for Zanzibar (Mozambique)
- 1965: A thousand beats of high spirits
- 1965: A vacation bed with 100 hp
- 1965: Amore all'italiana
- 1966: Come with me to the blue Adriatic
- 1966: Keep your hands off the doll
- 1966: The man with the 1000 masks
- 1966: pipes, beds, lovebirds
- 1966: lovemaking in the snow
- 1966: Space patrol part V: Battle for the sun
- 1967: Operation Typhoon (Con la muerte a la espalda)
- 1967: don't forget to kiss your wife (Elsk din næste)
- 1967: Wonderful times in the Spessart
- 1967: Uncle Joakims hemmelighed
- 1967: Nyhavn's glade gutter
- 1967: Geheimauftrag K (Assignment K)
- 1968: Otto is keen on women
- 1968: Det er så synd for farmand
- 1969: April - April
- 1969: One day is more beautiful than the other
- Vivi Bach: A child from Copenhagen - pictures and stories, painted and told by myself. Marion von Schröder Verlag, Düsseldorf 1971, ISBN 3-547-71105-3 .
- Literature by and about Vivi Bach in the catalog of the German National Library
- Vivi Bach in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Vivi Bach at filmportal.de ( page no longer available )
- Vivi Bach (Vivi Bak) on danskefilm.dk in the Dansk Film Database (Danish)
- Vivi Bach on dfi.dk at the Danish Film Institute (Danish)
- Vivi Bach in the Svensk Filmdatabas on sfi.se (Swedish)
- DR Nyheder : Skuespillerinden Vivi Bak er død. April 23, 2013, accessed April 23, 2013 .
- Vivi Bach: Dietmar Schönherr: Farewell to his Vivi. In: Focus online. April 23, 2013, accessed December 1, 2015 .
- dpa : With his women. Dietmar Schönherr: burial according to his will. In: tz , July 21, 2014.
- WaRis - Tiroler Filmarchiv: About us and our archive. Retrieved June 11, 2015 .
- WaRis - Tyrolean Film Archive: Dietmar Schönherr & Vivi Bach's estate. Retrieved on June 11, 2015 (gallery with photos and documents from the estate of Dietmar Schönherr & Vivi Bach).
- Günter Benning: Auction of the Dietmar Schönherr Collection. Dream goal exceeded. In: Westfälische Nachrichten . November 15, 2015, with video (2:19 min.).
- Chart sources: DE
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bak, Vivi (real name); Bach, Vivienne|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Danish singer, actress, television presenter and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 3, 1939|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Copenhagen|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 22, 2013|
|Place of death||Ibiza , Spain|