Green at Slam Dunk (2017)
|Full name||Draymond Jamal Green|
|Nickname||Day-Day, The Dancing Bear, Dray|
|birthday||4th March 1990 (age 30)|
|place of birth||Saginaw , Michigan , United States|
|position||Power Forward / Center|
|NBA draft||2012 , 35th pick , Golden State Warriors|
|society||Golden State Warriors|
|Clubs as active|
|2012–||Golden State Warriors|
Draymond Jamal Green (born March 4, 1990 in Saginaw , Michigan ) is an American basketball player . He has been under contract with the Golden State Warriors in the NBA since 2012 . Green won the NBA title three times with the Warriors and was voted NBA All-Star just as many times . In 2017 he also won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year award.
Between 2008 and 2012, Green was active in the NCAA for the Michigan State Spartans . He reached the final of the NCAA Division I Basketball Championship with the Spartans in 2009 and scored twice a triple-double in this competition (one each in 2011 and 2012), which had previously only been achieved by Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson (the latter also for the Spartans ). He also took part in the 2011 Universiade . Green ended his college career as the best rebounder in team history. He was named Player of the Year 2012 in NCAA Division I by the NABC coaching association.
In the subsequent NBA draft , Green was selected in 35th place by the Golden State Warriors . At first he came regularly, but little used, especially since the Warriors had selected another forward in the first round of the same draft with Harrison Barnes . Over time, however, Green gained more playing time, not least because his versatility in defense fitted well into the Warriors' game system.
Green achieved his final breakthrough in his third professional year 2014/15 . He started in all of his 79 games for the Warriors, scoring 11.7 points, 8.2 rebounds , 3.7 assists and 1.6 steals per game. In the subsequent election for the most improved player of the season and defender of the year , he ended up in second place in both categories. He was also elected to the All-Defensive First Team . At the end of the season, Green won the NBA championship with the Warriors. He extended his expired contract with the Golden State Warriors to 5 years, and is then approximately 85 million USD deserve.
On December 11, 2015, Green achieved a five-by-five in the 124: 119 away win . He finished the game with 24 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals and 5 blocks . On December 31, 2015, Green put on his fifth triple-double of the season. In the Warriors' victory against the Houston Rockets , the power forward scored 10 points, 11 rebounds and 16 assists. One game later, Green managed the next triple-double. In the home win of the Warriors against the Denver Nuggets , Green put on 29 points, 17 rebounds and 14 assists. In addition, Green got 4 steals in the same game.
On January 4, 2016, Draymond Green achieved his third triple-double in a row. In the 111: 101 victory of the Warriors against the Charlotte Hornets , Green scored 13 points, 15 rebounds and 10 assists. He became only the 15th player in NBA history to have three triple doubles in a row. As early as January 2016, he set a new NBA record with his seventh season triple double for the most triple doubles of a forward in a season - Kevin Garnett ( 2002/03 ) and Charles Barkley had the most triple doubles up to then, six ( 1992/93 ).
Because of his strong performances, Draymond Green was named to the 2016 NBA All-Star Game . On February 3, Green scored his tenth triple-double of the season with 12 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists. He set a new franchise record for the Warriors for the most triple doubles in a season. With the Warriors he reached the NBA finals again, but this time lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers . At the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro , he won the gold medal with the US selection.
Green achieved an unusual triple-double on February 10, 2017 against the Memphis Grizzlies when he scored 12 rebounds, 10 assists and 10 steals, but only 4 points. It was the first time since statistics began to be recorded in the NBA that a player had achieved a triple-double without a double-digit number for the points scored. In addition, at least ten rebounds, assists and steals each had only been achieved once, by Alvin Robertson in 1986. But this was an additional 20 points and thus a quadruple double. In addition, Green had five blocks in this game too and was therefore only one point away from another five-by-five.
Shortly afterwards he took part again in the All-Star Game. With the Warriors, Green won the NBA championship again in 2017 after beating defending champion Cleveland Cavaliers in the final .
Awards and achievements
- 3 × NBA champions: 2015 , 2017 , 2018
- 3 × NBA All-Star : 2016 , 2017, 2018
All-NBA Second Team : 2016
- All-NBA Third Team : 2017
- 3 × NBA All-Defensive First Team 2015–2017
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year : 2017
- Draymond Green - player profile on NBA.com
- Draymond Green - Player Statistics on NBA .com (English)
- Draymond Green - player profile on basketball-reference.com
- Steve Grinczel: Green Posts Rare NCAA Tournament Triple-Double . In: msuspartans.com . March 17, 2012. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- Ethan Sherwood Strauss: Draymond Green guards a galaxy of players . In: ESPN.com . December 13, 2014. Accessed December 21, 2014.
- Butler is the Most Improved Player, Green second
- Leonard is Defensive Player of the Year
- Warriors, Draymond Green agree to 5-year, $ 85M deal
- Box Score
- Duo jumps into the breach for Curry
- Denver vs. Golden State Gameinfo ( Memento from January 3, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Box Score: CHA @ GSW
- Kevin Cotrell Jr .: Triple-double run illustrates Green's unique star quality. NBA.com, January 7, 2016, accessed January 9, 2016 .
- NBA: Dirk Nowitzki not nominated for All-Star Game, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green there. Sport1.de, January 29, 2016, accessed February 4, 2016 .
- Grant Hughes: Wednesday NBA Roundup: Warriors Officially America's Team, Curry America's Star. bleacherreport.com, February 4, 2016, accessed February 4, 2016 .
- Grant Hughes, Warriors' Draymond Green records one-of-a-kind triple-double with rebounds, assists and steals. NBA.com, February 10, 2017, accessed February 28, 2017 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Green, Draymond Jamal (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American basketball player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 4th 1990|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Saginaw , Michigan , United States|