Franz Neubauer (politician, 1930)
After being expelled from the Egerland in 1946 and graduating from high school in 1949, Neubauer began studying law in Munich , which he completed in 1957 with the second state examination in law. In 1958 he joined the Bavarian financial administration. He worked for the tax offices in Traunstein , Munich -Land and Rosenheim , and also taught at the state finance school in Herrsching am Ammersee . From 1967 to 1970 Neubauer was municipal finance officer in the Bavarian State Ministry of Finance .
From 1970 to 1986 he was a member of the Bavarian State Parliament ; he was also a freelance tax advisor from 1971 to 1977 . 1977/78 State Secretary in the Bavarian Ministry of Justice , 1978 to 1984 in the Ministry of the Interior . His activities in the Ministry of the Interior included the management of the "Neubauer Commission" named after him to reduce bureaucracy and simplify administration.
He then switched from politics to finance. From 1987 to 1993 he was executive president of the Bavarian Savings Banks and Giro Association, from 1993 to 1998 Chairman of the Board of Management of Bayerische Landesbank . His successes in this role include the Landesbank's involvement in East Central Europe, particularly in Hungary, and the expansion of its presence in East Asia.
From 1982 to 2000 Neubauer was honorary spokesman for the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft , and from 1987 (also until 2000) federal chairman of the Sudeten German ethnic group. These two offices made Neubauer one of the most famous German politicians in the Czech Republic in the 1990s . Neubauer repeatedly appealed to the Czech side to “recognize expropriation and expulsion as injustice”. After the end of his term of office as federal chairman, Neubauer was elected honorary chairman of the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft. At times he was a member of the Presidium of the Sudeten German Council .
From 1978 to 1997, Neubauer was also the honorary spokesman for the community campaign Safe to School - Safe Home .
Neubauer lived in Nussdorf am Inn and was with Erika Neubauer, nee. Trudrung, married. He died on December 2, 2015 at the age of 85.
- 1978: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 1978: Merit plaque from the Bavarian State Sports Association
- 1980: Federal Cross of Merit, 1st class
- 1983: Honorary Senator of the Rosenheim University of Applied Sciences
- 1984: Bavarian Constitutional Medal in silver
- 1985: Medal of honor in gold from the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft in Austria
- 1985: Cross of the Bavarian Fire Brigade Decoration
- 1986: Great Cross of Merit of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1986: Decoration of Honor of the Eghalanda Gmoin Association
- 1986: Decoration of Honor of the German Medical Association
- 1990: Letter of honor from the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft
- 1991: Large Federal Cross of Merit with a star
- 1991: Star Order of the Republic of Hungary
- 1993: Bavarian Constitutional Medal in Gold
- 1995: Medal for special services to Bavaria in a United Europe
- 1996: Plaque of honor from the Association of Expellees
- 1996: Decoration of Honor of the German Red Cross
- 1999: Officer's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary
- 2000: Large Federal Cross of Merit with a star on the shoulder ribbon
- 2000: Honorary citizen of the Stephanskirchen community
- 2003: European Charlemagne Prize of the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft
- 2003: Papal Order of Gregory
- with Max Streibl : Kommunales Finanzwesen (= Kommunalpolitische Schriftenreihe , Volume 2), edited by Christoph Röder, Hanns Seidel Foundation , Bildungswerk, Munich 1978, .
- The dismantling of state tasks and the simplification of administration in Bavaria. In: management, organization, personnel. Baden-Baden 1982, pp. 113-115.
- with Wolfgang Egerter : We keep the order (= contributions from the Witikobund to questions of time , Volume 33), lectures at the annual meeting of the Witikobund on October 31, 1982 in Bad Mergentheim . Witikobund , Munich 1983, .
- Social Bavaria. In: Health Policy on Trial. Health Policy Congress July 12, 1986, Munich, ed. from the health policy working group of the CSU, Munich 1986.
- Introduction to: Working Group I, Care: "Solidarity of the Generations" (= Together - For One Another - Family ) Published by the CSU , Family Congress Munich 1986. Working Care - Solidarity of the Generations, Munich 1986, .
- Address by the chairman: "The bank president". In: Karl Böck: What is not in the files ... for Ludwig Huber on his 65th birthday (= politics, culture, economy ), Munich 1996, OCLC 164917444 .
- Franz Neubauer , in: Internationales Biographisches Archiv 36/2000 from August 28, 2000, in the Munzinger Archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- Albert Schäffer: Franz Neubauer died . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, December 4, 2015, p. 5.
- Former Minister of Social Affairs Franz Neubauer has died . World N24. December 3, 2015. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- Literature by and about Franz Neubauer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Neubauer, Franz . In: East German Biography (Kulturportal West-Ost)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and politician (CSU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 10, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Großsichdichfür , Czechoslovakia|
|DATE OF DEATH||2nd December 2015|