Langhans is the son of an engineer. His paternal grandfather was a doctor in Jena , his father worked in an armaments factory near Stolpmünde in Western Pomerania until 1945 . The family fled to Jena at the end of the war . Rainer Langhans was a student at the Jena Grete-Unrein School and a member of the Young Pioneers . In 1953 his parents left Jena and fled to the West on the Berlin S-Bahn. As his parents moved numerous times in the post-war period, he experienced the different school systems in East and West Germany.
After graduating from high school, Langhans volunteered in the Bundeswehr in 1960 and left it as an ensign in the reserve. In 1962 he started at the Free University of Berlin first a law degree . Two semesters later he enrolled in the subject of psychology, but broke off his preliminary thesis in 1969 because of differences with the professor. During this time Hans came up with the student movement in contact and eventually moved in March 1967 in the recently created Political Urbanization Commune I .
Actions in the 1960s
The so-called “department store fire leaflet” that the Communards circulated in 1967 was intended to criticize consumer society and the napalm attacks of the Americans in the Vietnam War . While Andreas Baader and Gudrun Ensslin , who were then in the vicinity of Commune I, actually set fire to two department stores in Frankfurt am Main months later , Langhans was acquitted by the Berlin Supreme Court , before which he was accused of inciting arson .
When the former President of the Reichstag, Paul Löbe, died in 1967 , a group around Andreas Baader disrupted the funeral services at Schöneberg Town Hall . She carried a coffin with the inscription "SENATE", mocked Löbe and expressed the wish to "bury" the corpses of the Berlin senators at the time. Rainer Langhans took part in the campaign in a petticoat .
The " pudding assassination " that Langhans and others had planned on the occasion of the visit of US Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey also became known : again as a sign of protest against the Vietnam War , the US politician was to be pelted with pudding . The attack was not carried out because Commune I was under surveillance by the Berlin Office for the Protection of the Constitution and Langhans had been taken into police custody. The Bild newspaper headlined at the time: "Planned: Berlin - Bomb attack on US Vice President".
1970 until today
Langhans was temporarily in a relationship with the photo model Uschi Obermaier , who also lived in Commune I. In Munich she moved with Langhans to the High Fish Commune founded by Thomas Althoff (also spelled Shark Commune ).
When Fleetwood Mac stopped over in Munich as part of a European tour in 1970, the band leader at the time, Peter Green , was invited by Obermaier and Langhans to a party organized by the local community and the shark community .
To this day, Langhans is of the opinion that the private is actually the political. In the early 1970s he had also turned to spiritual and esoteric content. After the publication of an interview with Mathias Bröckers for the TAZ, which was published on April 12, 1989, Langhans came under repeated criticism in the following years for his spiritual interpretation of National Socialism , which he presented several times . National Socialism should be understood as a misguided "search for God" of the Germans; Hitler is a prevented spiritual person. Since Easter 2007, Rainer Langhans has been publicly answering reader inquiries for Focus-online with regular video columns.
Langhans lives in Munich with Christa Ritter , Brigitte Streubel , Anna Werner and Gisela Getty . Her twin sister Jutta Winkelmann also lived there until her death in February 2017 . The community sees itself as a social experiment, which he calls " The Harem ". Unlike in an oriental harem, the members of the group each have their own apartments. The women sometimes have other relationships. In March 2007, Langhans invited the former terrorist Brigitte Mohnhaupt to his harem in an interview with the evening newspaper . “After such a long imprisonment, she certainly has needs, including sexuality. But for us it's about much more: Anyone who is willing to do intensive relationship work - which can also be a form of terror - will experience the paradise of tomorrow. ”In February 2008 , an invitation to Fürth district administrator Gabriele was issued, also via the evening newspaper Pauli .
In 2011 Rainer Langhans was a participant in the 5th season of the RTL show Ich bin ein Star - Get me out of here! For this he received a fee of 50,000 euros. Since he is a vegan , it was contractually regulated that, unlike the other participants, he did not have to eat any animals. According to a press release from the Pirate Party of Bavaria, he donated 20,000 euros of this, and another 20,000 euros should go to Julian Assange's defense fund. Langhans reported on his jungle camp experiences in 2011 in another conversation with Manuel Ochsenreiter from the right-wing extremist magazine First! On May 18, 2011, Langhans took part in a discussion group at the right-wing conservative fraternity Normannia-Nibelungen in Bielefeld .
In the context of his visit to documenta 13 in Kassel , the Hessische / Niedersächsische Allgemeine titled its article Commune Rainer Langhans flirting with the pirates. On November 23, 2012, he was a guest at the program convention of the Pirate Party in Bochum. On August 4, 2013, he was a prominent guest in the pirates' election campaign headquarters in Berlin at the pirate talk entitled Sharing is the new having together with Bruno Kramm , Bundestag candidate for pirates from Bavaria.
Langhans describes himself as an Asperger's autist . He receives a small pension from his time as a contract soldier. According to his own statements, he earns more money through books and lectures.
Rainer Langhans lives in Munich- Schwabing .
The online mail order company Zalando published a commercial in 2010 that made reference to Langhans. The location of the commercial is a hippie community in the 68s style. The protagonist, who consciously arouses associations with Langhans, lectures there on the latest threat from capitalism in the form of the advertised online shop. Langhans defended himself against the representation and switched on a lawyer. Zalando then agreed to an out-of-court settlement, in which Langhans himself appeared in a new Zalando online spot, for which, however, he received no fee.
Contemporary witness Gretchen Dutschke says 50 years after 1968: “It is quite possible that Fritz Teufel and Rainer Langhans would be among the YouTube stars today, the so-called 'influencers', [...]. An absurd idea? Might be. However, Commune 1 met the rebellious zeitgeist between hippy and revolutionary rhetoric back then, despite all internal conflicts, very precisely. "
In 2018 the Kunstverein Ahlen awarded an art prize worth 1,968 euros for a gold-plated pubic hair by Rainer Langhans under the title “Searching for the Revolution” to the artists Evelyn Möcking and Daniel Nehring.
- It's me - the first 68 years. Autobiography, original edition, 1st edition, Blumenbar, Munich 2008. ISBN 978-3-936738-34-6 . Online version on Langhans' homepage (PDF; 410 kB)
- Theoria Diffusa, from conversations with three women. Infections to shadow work in the realm of light heroes. Greno, Nördlingen 1986. ISBN 3-89190-020-1 .
- with Fritz Teufel (editor): Steal me. StPO of the commune I. Voltaire edition, Frankfurt am Main, Berlin 1968. In: Voltaire Handbooks , Volume 2 (edited by Bernward Vesper), ISBN 3-88167-022-X (unaltered reprint by Trikont, Munich 1977 and 1978) .
Filmography (as an actor)
- 1971: Haytabo (FRG, director: Ulli Lommel )
- 1973: Welt on the wire
- 1979: The Hamburg disease
- 1984: crime scene: hot snow
- 2014: Good Luck Finding Yourself (documentary road movie)
- Petra Bruns, Werner Bruns , Rainer Böhme: The Age Revolution. How we will get old in the future. Structure , Berlin 2007. ISBN 978-3-351-02644-8 .
- Martin Klimke, Joachim Scharloth (Ed.): 1968. A handbook on the cultural and media history of the student movement. Metzler, Stuttgart 2007. ISBN 978-3-476-02066-6 .
- Jutta Winkelmann: The harem experiment. Encounters with Rainer Langhans, the last APOnaut. In: Heyne books , Volume 13, Sphinx bei Heyne 3021, Esoteric Psychology . Heyne, Munich 1999, ISBN 3-453-13284-X
- Rainer Langhans' blog
- Literature by and about Rainer Langhans in the catalog of the German National Library
- Rainer Langhans in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Author portal "Philibuster", in which Langhans publishes regularly
- Interview at focus.de, January 15, 2007
- Rainer Langhans tells from the sixties "Everything was possible"
- Interview with Rainer Langhans , audio podcast by Nicolas Semak, November 19, 2011
- Biography, accompanying material and curriculum vitae as PDF files
- "The Harem Experiment - Rainer Langhans and his companions" , series "Bayerisches Feuilleton" from September 24, 2016, Bayerischer Rundfunk , Bayern 2 , (article with audio and photo gallery)
- Cf. Sit, Six! - School stories from Germany (2/3). Missed Opportunities . Documentary by Christina Brecht-Benze on behalf of SWR. German premiere on December 15, 2005.
- life data on rainerlanghans.de (PDF; 21 kB).
- Ulrich Enzensberger: The Years of Commune I . S. 105 .
- Klaus Stern / Jörg Herrmann: Andreas Baader. The life of an enemy of the state . 3rd edition, dtv: Munich 2007, pp. 86/87.
- Der Spiegel : With machinations of a capitalist servant, No. 52/1970, pp. 60–65
- 20 minutes : The Supergroupie unpacks January 22, 2007
- Rainer Langhans: My Autobiography ( Memento of the original from September 20, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- NDR TV magazine Panorama , “From Mao to Hitler”. daserste.ndr.de/panorama/archiv/1999/erste7152.html .
- Tagesspiegel.de: Haremsglück and Ahnendienst , April 11, 1998
- Jutta Winkelmann: The Harem Experiment. Encounters with Rainer Langhans, the last APOnaut .
- Tagesspiegel.de : Barbara Nolte: Hell is going on in the Harem , March 29, 2003 (accessed April 9, 2015).
- Die Welt : "This is a utopian situation" - "Big Brother" is a consequent sequel to '68 , June 11, 2000 (accessed on June 17, 2006)
- Abendzeitung ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. : Brigitte, come to my harem , March 28, 2007 (accessed October 26, 2007).
- Evening newspaper : Gabi belongs to the Harem , February 18, 2008 (accessed on January 19, 2018).
- Langhans receives 50,000 euros for jungle camp , welt.de , accessed on January 11, 2011.
- www.spiegel.de/spiegel/0,1518,738469,00.html .
- piratenpartei-bayern.de/2011/12/01/piratenpartei-bayern-erhalt-grosspende-von-rainer-langhans/ .
- Jungle fee for the pirates. In: sueddeutsche.de. December 1, 2011, accessed March 29, 2018 .
- Fabian Mader: 20,000 euros donation: Rainer Langhans sets sail with the pirates. In: Focus Online . January 19, 2012, accessed October 14, 2018 .
- Andreas Speit: Chatting with neo-Nazis. Rainer Langhans gives an interview to the right-wing extremist magazine “First!”. This is not the first time that the ex-communard speaks to the editorial team. Why? the daily newspaper , accessed on January 30, 2014 .
- In conversation with Rainer Langhans: Those leftists who refuse to enter into dialogue are fascistoid ( Memento of the original from September 21, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- SPON. 05. 2011 Langhans at Burschenschaft Right and left By Jörg Diehl, Bielefeld
- Westfalenblatt, May 20, 2011 "I talk to everyone" - Rainer Langhans visits Bielefeld fraternity and talks about violence, music and the "jungle camp" ( memento of the original from August 24, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Lenz Jacobsen: Rainer Langhans: "The pirates have no idea of love". In: Zeit Online. November 25, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012 .
- Sabine Dobel: Rainer Langhans pleads for "spiritual sex". www.augsburger-allgemeine.de, June 19, 2020
- interview on zeit.de .
- About the Zalando commercial on deutsche-startups .
- "Rancid and stupid": Rainer Langhans wants to sue Zalando .
- Controversy over advertising: The Rainer and Uschis Pumps .
- Der Busch-Trommler , spiegel.de, accessed on January 14, 2011 .
- Zalando online spot with Langhans himself, accessed on January 21, 2012 .
- Dutschke, Gretchen: '' 1968. What we can be proud of ''. kursbuch.edition, Hamburg 2018. p. 55.
- spiegel.de: Gilded pubic hair wins art award (accessed on May 18, 2018)
- imdb.com: Good luck finding yourself
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author and filmmaker, symbolic figure of the 1968 movement|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 19, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Oschersleben (Bode)|