|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Unstrut-Hainich district|
|Height :||372 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||52.73 km 2|
|Residents:||3134 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||59 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||99976|
|Primaries :||036023, 03601|
|License plate :||UH, LSZ, MHL|
|Community key :||16 0 64 073|
|LOCODE :||DE ANY|
|Community structure:||5 districts|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Jonas Urbach ( CDU )|
|Location of the municipality of Anrode in the Unstrut-Hainich district|
The municipality of Anrode is located northwest of Mühlhausen in the area of the transition from the Unstrut lowlands to the Eichsfeld transitional and high altitude areas. The federal highway 247 in the section Mühlhausen - Dingelstädt runs through the municipality .
A village Aninnrod was first mentioned in March 1197. The Anrode Monastery was probably founded in 1267 when Heinrich Kämmerer von Mühlhausen donated his goods and the church in Anninrod to the nuns. After the monastery came into possession of all the farms and lands of the village through a gift or purchase, the place probably disappeared in the 13th century.
The Anrode Monastery gave the newly formed unified community its name in 1997.
The current municipality of Anrode was formed on January 1, 1997 from the five previously independent municipalities of Bickenriede , Dörna , Hollenbach , Lengefeld and Zella . Bickenriede, Dörna, Hollenbach and Zella had previously belonged to the administrative community Landgraben-West .
Anrode consists of the five districts
Bickenriede is the most populous district and at the same time the seat of the municipal administration.
The municipal council of Anrode consists of the mayor and 16 councilors and councilors:
(As of: local election on May 26, 2019)
In the election on February 22, 2015, Jonas Urbach (CDU) was elected mayor.
Culture and sights
A sight of national importance is the Anrode Monastery , on whose grounds the Anrode farmers' market takes place several times a year .
Sons and daughters of the church
- Johann Friedrich Wender (1655–1729), organ builder, had his workshop in Mühlhausen
- Adolf von Glümer (1814–1896), Prussian infantry general
- George Atzerodt (1835–1865), co-conspirator of the assassination attempt on Abraham Lincoln
- Vitus Recke (1887–1959), Cistercian priest , abbot of Himmerod
- Karl Künstler (1901 – presumably 1945), SS-Obersturmbannführer, camp commandant of the Flossenbürg concentration camp
- Population of the municipalities from the Thuringian State Office for Statistics ( help on this ).
- Wolfgang Kahl : First mention of Thuringian towns and villages. A manual. 5th, improved and considerably enlarged edition. Rockstuhl, Bad Langensalza 2010, ISBN 978-3-86777-202-0 , p. 18.
- Levin von Wintzingeroda-Knorr : Die Wüstungen des Eichsfeldes: Directory of the desert areas, prehistoric ramparts, mines, courts of law and waiting areas within the districts of Duderstadt, Heiligenstadt, Mühlhausen and Worbis. O. Hendel, Göttingen 1903, p. 46
- Municipality of Anrode - districts , accessed on June 16, 2017
- StBA: Changes in the municipalities, see 1997
- City council election 2019 in Thuringia. Thuringian State Office for Statistics, accessed on July 6, 2019 .
- Elections in Thuringia , accessed on June 16, 2017