Book market (trade journal)
|Area of Expertise||Book trade|
|publishing company||BuchMarkt Verlag K. Werner (Germany)|
|Frequency of publication||per month|
|Sold edition||4700 copies|
|( Media data (PDF; 83 kB))|
Buchmarkt (spelling: BuchMarkt ) is an independent trade magazine founded in 1966 for the German-speaking book trade. It appears monthly, usually on the first Tuesday of the month. The magazine's subtitle is Das Ideenmagazin für den Buchhandel .
In 1966 the idea arose to publish an independent specialist magazine for the German-speaking book trade. On May 10, 1966, Klaus Werner, Eberhardt Dickert and Christian von Zittwitz founded the Junge Edition K. Werner GmbH publishing house for this purpose . It was later renamed Buchmarkt Verlag K. Werner GmbH . The first issue was presented in 1966 at the Frankfurt Book Fair .
At the beginning, Buchmarkt appeared in two editions , but grew every year. In 1967 there were already four issues, in 1968 six. The following year eight, 1970 ten; and since 1971 Buchmarkt has been published monthly.
Christian von Zittwitz is now the sole partner and in 1997 relocated the company headquarters from Düsseldorf to Meerbusch- Ilverich . Since 1998 there has also been an online offer for the book market . In 2006 the magazine celebrated its 40th birthday with an anniversary issue: Industry highlights from 40 years of the book market .
In 2009, Christian von Zittwitz was the first journalist ever to receive the golden badge of honor from the German Book Trade Association.
Buchmarkt has been honoring the “ Bookstore of the Year” annually since 2003 : a company in German-speaking countries that offers competent advice, a balanced range of goods, imaginative presentation and good marketing, as well as economic success.
Since 2005 there has been a cooperation between Buchmarkt and Uni-online: Buchmarkt-College, the educational portal for the book trade.
The BuchmarktFORUM has existed since 2000, a cooperation between Buchmarkt and HypoVereinsbank , which aims to support the exchange of information between publishers and bookshops.
Publisher of the Year
BuchMarkt has been awarding a " Publisher of the Year" award since 1994 . The winners were:
- 1994 Marcel Nauer ( arsEdition )
- 1995 Michael Krüger ( Carl Hanser Verlag )
- 1996 Lothar Menne
- 1997 Christian Strasser ( Pendo Verlag )
- 1998 Viktor Niemann ( Piper Verlag )
- 1999 Gottfried Honnefelder
- 2000 Wolfgang Balk ( German paperback publisher )
- 2001 Thomas Carl Schwoerer ( Campus Verlag )
- 2002 Monika Thaler ( Frederking & Thaler )
- 2003 Friedrich-Karl Sandmann ( Zabert Sandmann Verlag )
- 2004 Karl Blessing ( Karl Blessing Verlag )
- 2005 Helge Malchow ( Kiepenheuer & Witsch )
- 2006 Antje Kunstmann ( Verlag Antje Kunstmann )
- 2007 Claudia Baumhöver ( The Hörverlag )
- 2008 Monika Schoeller ( S. Fischer Verlag )
- 2009 Klaus Humann ( Carlsen Verlag )
- 2010 Ulrich Genzler ( Heyne Verlag )
- 2011 Wolfgang Beck ( Verlag CH Beck )
- 2012 Lothar Schirmer ( Schirmer / Mosel Verlag )
- 2013 Hans-Peter Übleis ( Droemer Knaur )
- 2014 Georg Reuchlein ( Luchterhand literary publisher )
- 2015 Lucien Leitess ( Union Publishing House )
- 2016 Klaus Schöffling ( Schöffling & Co. )
- 2017 Andreas Rötzer ( Matthes & Seitz Berlin )
- 2018 Susanne Schüssler ( Verlag Klaus Wagenbach )
- 2019 Christoph Links ( Ch. Links Verlag )