Christiane Weber (fencer)
Weber lived in Dillingen / Saar from 1969 , where she also attended high school. She then studied medicine at the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main . She was married to Achim Bellmann and they have two children. Today she lives in Leverkusen and is a specialist in surgery in a hospital in Langenfeld .
In 1981 Weber was junior vice world champion in Lausanne and won the silver medal with the team at the World Championships in Clermont-Ferrand . The following year she won a bronze medal with the foil team at the World Championships in Rome . In 1983 Weber won another silver medal with the team at the World Championships in Vienna .
Weber won her first Olympic gold medal at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles with the foil team, and she was nineteenth in the individual. In 1985 she became German champion in singles and with the Offenbach women's floret team. In 1986 she won the World Cup and returned to the team at the World Championships in Sofia , where she won a bronze medal. Weber won her second Olympic gold medal at the 1988 Games in Seoul .
- Alfred Maurer : Fechtsport -official organ of the German Fechter-Bund e. V. 18th year, No. 1, March 1999, The regional associations: Saar Fechterbund Saar eV Promote leisure and cadre fencers p. 16 ff.
- Christiane Weber in the database of Sports-Reference (English; archived from the original )
- Fechtsport -official organ of the German Fechter-Bund e. V. Volume 18, No. 1, March 1999, p. 16 ff.
- Christiane Weber , Internationales Sportarchiv 01/1989 of December 26, 1988, in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- An undisturbed life in gray anonymity. In: saarbruecker-zeitung.de. March 21, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2017 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Weber-Bellmann, Christiane (married name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German foil fencer and Olympic champion|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 17, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mülheim an der Ruhr , Germany|