|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||St. Johann im Pongau|
|License plate :||JO|
|Residents :||551 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||5552|
|Area code :||06454|
|Community code :||5 04 09|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Josef Kocher ( ÖVP
A total of 9 seats
|Location of Forstau in the district of St. Johann im Pongau|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
The community comprises a high valley between Radstadt and Schladming , the valley of the forest creek . As usual in Salzburgerland, the valley is only called the Forstau. The first settlement probably took place in the High Middle Ages . The community belonged to the Radstadt judicial district until 2004 and has been part of the Sankt Johann im Pongau judicial district since January 1, 2005 .
coat of arms
The coat of arms of the community is: “In a silver shield above a black chain hanging down in a semicircle, ending on both sides with an open handcuff, underneath on green ground, crossed by a silver wavy bar, a green spruce, with its top covering the chain and towering over it, left two green bushes on the ground ”.
The community council has a total of 9 members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 5 ÖVP, 3 SPÖ, and 1 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2009 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 3 ÖVP, 3 SPÖ, and 3 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2014 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 4 ÖVP, 3 SPÖ, and 2 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg 2019 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 4 ÖVP, 3 FPÖ, and 2 SPÖ.
- 1993–2019 Josef Buchsteiner (ÖVP)
- since 2019 Josef Kocher (ÖVP)
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church Forstau hl. Leonhard
- Lourdes chapel: end of the 19th century, a special feature are stalactites from Lourdes
- Wooden sculptures in the Fallhausalm by the German sculptor Roland Mayer: Das Tor, Der Wächter, Der Stuhl, Der Lebensbaum
The entrance to the Fageralm ski area is located west of Forstau .
The following associations are based in Forstau:
- SV Forstau ski and football club
- Table tennis club TTC-GKW-Forstau
- Regular events
- Club ice stock tournament in January
- Alois Rohrmoser memorial race in April
- Village festival in July
- FF Forstau wine festival in August
- Electrical engineering Mitterwallner GmbH
- ALBA Tooling & Engineering
- Hohenwallner joinery
- Lasser village bakery
- Forstauerwirt event catering
- power plant
- Elementary school