|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||St. Johann im Pongau|
|License plate :||JO|
|Main town :||Huettau|
|Coordinates :||47 ° 25 ' N , 13 ° 18' E|
|Height :||697 m above sea level A.|
|Residents :||1,460 (January 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||27 inhabitants per km²|
|Postcodes :||5511, 5521|
|Area code :||06458|
|Community code :||5 04 12|
|Address of the
5511, 5521 Hüttau
|Mayor :||Rupert Bergmüller ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : (2019)
|Location of Hüttau in the St. Johann im Pongau district|
Municipal office and inn (trade union building from 1594)
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Hüttau is a municipality with 1460 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020) in the district of St. Johann (Pongau) , Land Salzburg in Austria .
The community is located in the Fritztal in the Salzburg region. The valley forms the transition area between the Salzburg Salzachpongau (on the Salzach around Bischofshofen and St. Johann) and the Ennspongau (on the upper Enns around Altenmarkt and Radstadt), as well as the Lammertal , which is already part of the Tennengau (Hallein district) the valley watershed of St. Martin and the St. Martinsbach is connected.
The Hüttau municipality stretches both to the right in the valley northwards up the southern roof of the Tennengebirge (Northern Limestone Alps) and to the left (south) to the Hochgründeck ( 1827 m above sea level ) of the Fritztal Mountains (Salzburg Slate Alps). Hüttau has no share in the high mountains, the municipality is located in the mid-mountain intermediate Alps that lie between the limestone and central Alps (main Alpine ridge of the Tauern).
The municipality includes the following four cadastral communities and five localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
- Hüttau - main town in the Fritztal am Larzenbach and the left side of the valley out of the valley, the Fritzerberg (393)
- Iglsbach - left side of the valley near Hüttau (belongs to KG Hüttau, 85)
- Sonnhalb - right side of the valley out of the valley from Hüttau (130)
- Sonnberg - right side of the valley inwards from Hüttau to Niedernfritz on the lower St. Martinsbach (696)
- Bairau - left side of the valley towards the valley near Hüttau and Niedernfritz (156)
The only counting area is Hüttau.
The community belonged to the Radstadt judicial district until 2004 and has been part of the Sankt Johann im Pongau judicial district since January 1, 2005 .
|Werfenweng||St. Martin am Tennengebirge|
|St. Johann im Pongau||Wagrain||Flachau|
Archbishop Gebhard had already handed over the Fritztal to the Salzburg spin-off Admont Abbey in 1074 , and the place was first mentioned in documents in 1325 ( Admonter Stiftsurbar ). In the 16th to 19th centuries the place was characterized by mining and smelting works. The place name is interpreted as Au an der Hütte .
Hüttau, Iglsbach and Sonnhalb belonged to the Werfen court from ancient times , but Bairau and Sonnberg belonged to the Hofmark Wagrain and thus to the Radstadt court . In 1686 a separate pastoral care district of Hüttau was set up by Pfarrwerfen , at that time with 61 houses (28 from Pfarrwerfen, 33 from Altenmarkt). In 1786 41 houses belonging to Untere Fritz were added, and in 1787 30 more houses belonging to Pfarrwerfen. After the revolution of 1848/49 the local community was created, and in 1856 the parish of Hüttau was established.
coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality is described :
- In a green shield , accompanied at the top right by a faceted red diamond and at the top left by a similar silver diamond , a red-roofed hut and in front of it a brick furnace from which flames beat. Everything in its natural colors .
The community council has a total of 13 members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 10 ÖVP and 7 SPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2009 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 10 ÖVP, 4 List PROHN, and 3 SPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2014 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 10 ÖVP, 4 List PROHN, and 3 SPÖ. (17 members)
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg 2019 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 8 ÖVP, 4 list PROHN, and 1 SPÖ.
- since 1993 Rupert Bergmüller (ÖVP)
Hüttau is a two-season tourist destination with 50,000 overnight stays a year. The wood industry and the agricultural machinery trade are also important branches of business.
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church Hüttau hl. Leonhard
- Hüttau copper mine and mine museum
- Road: The junction of the Tauern Autobahn (A10) is in Niedernfritz .
Walter Mayer (born March 17, 1957 in Hüttau), cross-country skier and cross-country trainer
- Community website
- 50412 - Hüttau. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Entry on Hüttau in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- Huettau . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- ↑ Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- ↑ the place Hüttau itself is spread over Hüttau, Iglsbach, Sonnberg and Sonnhalb
↑ a b c Kurt Klein (edit.): Historical local dictionary . Statistical documentation on population and settlement history. Ed .: Vienna Institute of Demography [VID] d. Austrian Academy of Sciences . Salzburg , Hüttau , S. 68 ( online document , explanations . Suppl . ; both PDF - oD [updated]). Special references: Joseph von Dürlinger-; Pinzgau. 1866.
- ↑ 1325 . In: Salzburger Nachrichten: Salzburgwiki .
- ↑ The meaning and distribution of Bavarian place names. In: bairische-sprache.at. Retrieved May 24, 2015 .
- ↑ Klein : Historical local dictionary . Ed .: VID. Salzburg , Former courts of the Archbishopric Salzburg , p. 10 and 12 ( online document - oD [updated]).
- ^ Rupert Bergmüller (Hüttau) . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- ↑ Kupferzeche Hüttau (kupferzeche.at)