St. Martin am Tennengebirge
St. Martin am Tennengebirge
|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||St. Johann im Pongau|
|License plate :||JO|
|Residents :||1,700 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||5522|
|Area code :||06463|
|Community code :||5 04 19|
|Address of the
5522 St. Martin am Tennengebirge
|Mayor :||Johannes Schlager ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : (2019)
|Location of St. Martin am Tennengebirge in the St. Johann im Pongau district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
The municipality was voted the sixth most beautiful municipality by the citizens of Austria in the local elections.
The community is located in the Ennspongau of the Salzburger Land, in a side valley of the Fritztal , between the southern foot of the Tennengebirge and the Gerzkopf , a foothill of the Dachstein massif . It also belongs to the Lammertal region , in which it has shares and to which it represents the valley pass .
- Sankt Martin am Tennengebirge (1124 inhabitants)
- Main place; KG St. Martin (1,362.92 ha)
- lies south of the watershed on St. Martinsbach towards the Fritztal
- Lammertal (576 inhabitants)
- KG Lammerthal (3,317.10 ha)
- lies north of the watershed, towards the Rettenbach and the region on the uppermost Lammer
The main town of Sankt Martin extends over both cadastral communities.
The only counting area is St.Martin am Tennengebirge .
Two of the five neighboring communities are in the neighboring district of Hallein .
|Abtenau ( District Hallein / Tennengau )|
Annaberg-Lungötz ( District Hallein / Tennengau )
coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality is described :
- "In silver on green floor of the golden-clad St. Martin sharing on goldgezäumtem, black horse, his red coat with the kneeling before him naked beggar left them a green fir tree ."
The community council has a total of xy members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 6 SPÖ, 5 ÖVP, and 2 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2009 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 6 SPÖ, 5 ÖVP, and 2 FPÖ.
- With the extraordinary mayoral election on October 23, 2011, Johannes Schlager (ÖVP) was elected.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2014 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 9 ÖVP, 6 SPÖ, and 2 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2019 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 9 ÖVP, 7 SPÖ, and 1 FPÖ.
- 1969–1988 Johann Weran-Rieger (SPÖ)
- 1988–2011 Rudolf Lanner (SPÖ)
- since 2011 Johannes Schlager (ÖVP)
In 2003, the tourist destination had 1,485 beds with 144,788 overnight stays per year.
- Family ski area St. Martin am Tennengebirge
- Ski & snow sports school St. Martin & Lammertal
- Aualm military training area (resolution under discussion)
Culture and sights
- Parish Church of St. Martin am Tennengebirge , Gothic hall church from the 1430s with a baroque interior
- 50419 - Sankt Martin am Tennengebirge. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Entry on Sankt Martin am Tennengebirge in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- sanktmartin.at , website of the municipality
- aktivdorf.at , website of the St. Martin tourist office
- Sankt Martin am Tennengebirge . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
105. Announcement of the Salzburg provincial government of November 5, 1970 about the change of the name of the community of St. Martin near Hüttau in the political district of St. Johann im Pongau.
On the basis of Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the Salzburg Municipal Code 1965, LGBl. No. 63, it is announced:
At the request of the municipal council of the St. Martin bei Hüttau, political district of St. Johann im Pongau, the state government has decided to rename this municipality in "St. Martin am Tennengebirge ”. , alex.onb.ac.at , accessed on May 3, 2017
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Federal Office for Metrology and Surveying, Regional Information, reference date December 31, 2016, accessed February 19, 2017
- Result of mayoral election 2011
- Johann Weran-Rieger . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Rudolf Lanner . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Johannes Schlager . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
The fight for the Aualm military training area continues , salzburg24.at;
Inquiry response by the Federal Minister for National Defense and Sport Mag. Norbert Darabos to the written inquiry (1439 / J) from the MP Mario Kunasek, colleagues to the Federal Minister for National Defense and Sport regarding the Aualm military training area , parlament.gv.at