|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||St. Johann im Pongau|
|License plate :||JO|
|Coordinates :||47 ° 18 ' N , 13 ° 30' E|
|Height :||1010 m above sea level A.|
|Residents :||459 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postcodes :||5561 Untertauern
|Area code :||06455|
|Community code :||5 04 22|
|Address of the
|Dorfstrasse 17 a
|Mayor :||Johann Habersatter (List Habersatter)|
Municipal Council : ( 2019 )
|Location of Untertauern in the St. Johann im Pongau district|
, Untertauern from the Katschbergstraße seen from
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Untertauern is a municipality with 459 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020) in the district of St. Johann im Pongau in the Salzburger Land in Austria .
The municipality is located in Pongau in the Salzburg region on the north side of the Radstädter Tauern Pass , in the Pongauer Taurach valley and consists of the only cadastral municipality of Untertauern. The community belonged to the Radstadt judicial district until 2004 and has been part of the Sankt Johann im Pongau judicial district since January 1, 2005 .
The municipality includes the following two localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
- Obertauern (198)
- Untertauern (261)
The districts are Untertauern and Obertauern , although part of Obertauern also belongs to the Tweng municipality . With the ordinance of September 17, 2009, street and path names were introduced. The Gnadenalm is a high alpine pasture on the Radstädter Tauern Pass between the two districts .
Untertauern is an old settlement that was a post station on the important road over the Radstädter Tauern Pass , which already existed in Roman times . The Hotel Lürzerhof was proven in the 14th century.
The renowned Austrian painter Lucas Suppin was born in Untertauern on July 2, 1911 . His father, Georg Suppin , was a village teacher at the time.
coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality, awarded on December 31, 1937, is: "A shield divided twice. The top green field has a silver horseshoe open at the bottom, the middle silver field with the black lapidary letters" MPLVII "and the bottom green field with a golden post horn covered with red and white cord and tassel. " The place has no flag.
"MPLVII" stands for mille passus , ie Roman mile and milestone 57, corresponding to a distance of 84 km.
The community council has a total of 9 members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 4 ÖVP, 3 SPÖ, and 2 PFH.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2009 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 4 ÖVP, 4 SPÖ, and 1 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2014 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 3 ÖVP, 3 SPÖ, and 3 GFUO.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg 2019 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 4 ÖVP, 2 LH, 2 GFUO, and 1 FPÖ.
- 1970–1989 Johann Bernhofer
- 1989-2004 Dieter Kindl
- since 2004 Johann Habersatter (Habersatter list)
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church of Untertauern hl. Joseph
- Catholic branch church Obertauern hl. Peter
- Tauern cemetery
- Tauernhaus Wisenegg
Silver and copper mines in the municipality were closed in 1910.
In cooperation with the Hotel Lürzerhof, the Austrian Federal Forests have been operating the Taurach small hydropower plant since 2019 , which is fed by a 2.1 km long penstock with a height difference of around 145 m and a diameter of 1 m. The line runs along Katschbergstrasse B99, mostly underground and through the 420 m long Christina tunnel.
Part of the Obertauern ski region belongs to the community . In the valley town of Untertauern tourism is practiced all year round. On the Gnadenalm there is a cross-country ski run, horse-drawn sleigh rides and an illuminated toboggan run in winter.
- Road: Katschberg Straße B 99 leads through the community from Radstadt to the Radstädter Tauern Pass ( 1738 m ).
- Franz Hornegger (PFH), councilor
- Community website
- 50422 - Untertauern. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- ↑ Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- ↑ https://flagspot.net/flags/at-z-uta.html Untertauern, entry from August 3, 2009, crwflags / FOTW Flags Of The World, April 11, 2014. Accessed August 24, 2015.
- ^ Johann Bernhofer (Untertauern) . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- ↑ Dieter Kindl . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- ↑ Johann Habersatter . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- ↑ Untertauern: New power plant opens on the Taurach salzburg24.at, July 15, 2019, accessed February 1, 2020.
- ^ Franz Hornegger . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .