|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||St. Johann im Pongau|
|License plate :||JO|
|Main town :||In Pongau|
|Residents :||2,545 (Jan 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||71 inhabitants per km²|
|Postcodes :||5531, 5521|
|Area code :||06458|
|Community code :||5 04 06|
|Address of the
5531, 5521 Eben im Pongau
|Mayor :||Herbert Farmer ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : (2019)
|Location of Eben im Pongau in the St. Johann im Pongau district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
The community is located at around Radstadt basin in Ennspongau . To the south the valley of the upper Enns opens up towards Altenmarkt and Flachau , in the north the valley of the Fritzbach extends , to the west towards the Pongau basin , to the east towards Filzmoos . Eben forms the valley watershed between the Salzach and Enns . The place is in the middle of the Fritztal Mountains of the Salzburg Slate Alps , with the Hochgründeck group ( ) in the west and the Roßbrand ( ) in the east.on the north-western edge of the
The municipality includes the following three localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
- Eben im Pongau (1868)
- Gasthofberg (497)
- Schattbach (180)
The only counting area is Eben im Pongau.
|St. Martin am Tennengebirge||Annaberg-Lungötz ( District Hallein / Tennengau )|
The community consists of the former communities of Eben, Gasthofberg and Schattbach, which were merged in 1939 to form the community of Eben im Pongau.
coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality is emblazoned :
- In a shield split by silver and red , a color- mixed corrugated rafter , top right and left accompanied by a color-mixed facet diamond .
The community council has a total of 17 members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 13 ÖVP, 3 SPÖ, and 1 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2009 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 13 ÖVP, 3 SPÖ, and 1 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2014 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 11 ÖVP, 4 FPÖ, and 2 SPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2019 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 13 ÖVP, 2 FPÖ, and 2 SPÖ.
- 1974–1984 Hermann Lang (ÖVP)
- 1984-2008 Peter Fritzenwallner (ÖVP)
- since 2008 Herbert Farmer (ÖVP)
The Ennstalbahn ( Bischofshofen - Selzthal ), the A 10 Tauernautobahn (E 55 / E 60, with driveways in the direction of Salzburg and Villach / Carinthia) and the B 99 Katschberg Strasse (E 651, Bischofshofen - Spittal an der Drau / Carinthia) run through the municipal area. In the 1970s and 1980s, this route formed the notorious guest worker route as one of the most important long-distance routes in Europe, where the Eben pass is one of the bottlenecks, but has lost its importance since the opening of the Pyhrn Autobahn and even more with the fall of the Iron Curtain . The inner Austrian transit route Salzburg and North Tyrol / Vorarlberg to Styria is still important .
Culture and sights
- Residence Gasthofgut with Tauernstrasse Museum
- Catholic parish church Eben im Pongau hl. Maria
- Feuerschützen Eben im Pongau; a rifle company re-established in 1991 .
- Regular events
- The Ebener Kirchtag (1st Saturday in October)
- May Day Labor Day (always on May 1st)
- Harvest Festival
- Monte Popolo ski lift , connection to the entire Salzburger Sportwelt , part of the Ski amadé
- Adventure bathing lake
- Elementary school
- Honorary citizen of the community
- Walter Aichinger , politician
- Community website
- 50406 - Eben im Pongau. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- im Pongau Entry on Eben im Pongau in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- In Pongau . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- The indication of the meaning belongs to the official text
- Hermann Lang . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Peter Fritzenwallner . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Herbert Farmer . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- History of the Feuerschützen Eben ; accessed on December 23, 2018