|legal form||Public limited company|
|Seat||Zug , Switzerland / Saint Helier , Jersey|
|management||Derek Mapp, Chairman and Peter Rigby, CEO|
|Number of employees||7,531 (2012)|
|sales||£ 1.232 billion (2012)|
|Branch||Science publisher and conference company|
Informa plc is a British science publisher and conference company.
Informa is represented in 43 countries with more than 7,500 employees. The company sells scientific studies, specialist literature and offers access to commercial databases . Informa is the London Stock Exchange listed and part of the FTSE 250 Index .
Informa owns several well-known brands or companies such as:
- Lloyd's List
- Taylor & Francis
- Achieve Global
- ESI International
- Game Developers Conference
Informa's oldest business was founded in 1734 when “ Lloyd's List ” began to feed London with news. Informa itself was created in 1998 through the merger of IBC Group plc (International Business Communications) and LLP Group plc (Lloyd's of London Publishing).
Informa has grown significantly since 1998, including a merger with Taylor & Francis publisher in 2004 and the acquisition of IIR (Institute for International Research, Inc.) in 2005 for £ 768 million.
On May 1, 2009, the company announced that it would be relocating its business to Jersey but would remain based in Switzerland for tax reasons . This also changed the stock exchange listing to ISIN JE00B3WJHK43.
Informa in Germany
In Germany, the seminar and congress organizers achieve global with headquarters in Düsseldorf , ESI International with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and Euroforum with headquarters in Düsseldorf belong to the Informa Group. Euroforum is best known for its cooperation with the business media Handelsblatt and WirtschaftsWoche at congresses in Germany.
- Annual Report Informa 2012 (PDF; 4.1 MB)
- Lloyd's List . Retrieved August 23, 2009.
- ROUNDUP Informa names new chairman, CEO after FY profits soar . In: AFX News Limited , Forbes, March 14, 2007. Retrieved December 31, 2007.
- T&F Informa buys conferences group IIR Holdings for 768 mln stg . In: AFX News Limited , Forbes, June 1, 2007. Retrieved December 31, 2007.
- Publishing firm Informa blames budget for tax switch , The Guardian. May 1, 2009. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- Eurex circular 125/09 of June 26, 2009 ( page can no longer be accessed , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. ( PDF , 17 kB)
- Company homepage Euroforum: About Euroforum