|Metropolitan city||Catania (CT)|
|Local name||Lingua (g) rossa|
|Residents||5,199 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density||90 inhabitants / km²|
|Patron saint||Sant'Egidio Abate|
Location and dates
The city was partly built on the lava flow on the northeast slope of Mount Etna from 1566.
Many buildings in Linguaglossa are built in the baroque style.
- Church of San Francesco di Paola from the 16th century, inside you can see stucco work and a statue of the Madonna di Loretto
- Church of the Padri Domenicani
- Konvikt and church of the Capuchins from the 17th century
- Cathedral Santa Maria delle Grazie, originally from the 17th century, was renovated in the 20th century
Surroundings of Linguaglossa
- Linguaglossa forest, now a winter sports center
sons and daughters of the town
- Statistiche demografiche ISTAT. Monthly population statistics of the Istituto Nazionale di Statistica , as of December 31 of 2019.