|coat of arms||Map of Spain|
|Autonomous Community :||Catalonia|
|Comarca :||Alt Empordà|
|Area :||27.93 km²|
|Residents :||4,836 (Jan 1, 2019)|
|Population density :||173.15 inhabitants / km²|
|Municipality number ( INE ):||17092|
|Official language :||Castilian , Catalan|
|Mayor :||Pere Vila|
Llançà is about 14 kilometers south of the French border near Portbou . Fishing has a long tradition in the small town. Some locals still make a living from it today. The place is increasingly dominated by tourism in the summer months.
The main beach, about 350 meters long, is dark sand and partly interspersed with gravel. Next to it are the small fishing port and a sports port. The rugged coastal strip has many small and quiet bays with beach zones. The steep and rocky coast of Llansá is a popular diving spot.
The specialty of the place are the minerals. There is a quarry about two kilometers in the direction of Figueres . There you can find pure white feldspar ( orthoclase ) in pegmatites, plagioclase , quartz and almandine crystals on orthoclase. The rock is Ordovician slate .
Culture and sights
There is a watercolor museum in the village, which was donated in 1989 by Josep Martínez Lozano .
- Topographic map and data of the Generalitat of Llançà
- Llançà - Description (German)
- Llançà, presented by CapCreus online (German)
- LLANÇÀ (Alt Empordà) - ELEMENTS D'INTERÈS HISTÒRICO-ARTÍSTIC. In: poblesdecatalunya.cat (Catalan)
- Cifras oficiales de población resultantes de la revisión del Padrón municipal a 1 de enero . Population statistics from the Instituto Nacional de Estadística (population update).